Anil Agarwal (businessman)
24 January 1954 |
Patna, Bihar, India
|Residence||London, United Kingdom|
|Occupation||Chairman of Vedanta Resources|
|Net worth||$3.5 billion (2012)|
|Children||2 - Agnivesh(Son) and Priya(Daughter)|
|This section needs additional citations for verification. (June 2013)|
Anil Agarwal was born in Patna, Bihar in 1954. His father was a small-businessman who made aluminium conductors. Agarwal, was a matriculate from Miller High School, Patna, Bihar. He is a strict vegetarian.
Agarwal founded Sterlite Industries, a business operating in the industrial sector in 1976 and then in 1986 established Vedanta Resources bringing together a variety of businesses owned by the Agarwal family.
Agarwal lives in London and is married, with two children. He frequently visits Radha Krishna temple in London. He has said in his talks that his inspiration in life is Radhanath Swami, a well-known current spiritual guru of the Hare Krishna movement, whom Agarwal knows personally.
- Forbes topic page on Anil Agarwal Forbes.com. Retrieved April 2010.
- Vedanta Resources Senior Mananagement
- Vedanta Resources History
- "Anil Agarwal, Rahul Bajaj make it to top 10 billionaires list". rediff.com. 2003-12-01. Archived from the original on 13 September 2007. Retrieved 2007-09-25.
- Anil Agarwal introduces His Holiness Radhanath Swami