Anil K. Rajvanshi
|Dr. Anil Rajvanshi|
|Institutions||Nimbkar Agricultural Research Institute
University of Florida
|Alma mater||University of Florida
Indian Institute of Technology
|Known for||Directing NARI
research in rural development
|Notable awards||Jamnalal Bajaj Award (2001)
Solar Hall of Fame
Dr. Rajvanshi was born and raised in Lucknow, India. He has been the director of NARI at Maharashtra, India since 1981. Prior to taking this position he served on the faculty at the University of Florida. Dr. Rajvanshi has more than 25 years of experience in renewable energy research, rural and sustainable development. He has 135 publications and 7 patents to his credit.
For his solar energy and rural development work Dr. Rajvanshi has been inducted into the Solar Hall of Fame (1998). He has received the Jamnalal Bajaj Award in 2001, the Federation of Indian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) award in 2002 and an Energy Globe Award in the AIR category in 2004. In 2009 he received the Globe Award for Sustainability Research. He has been selected to receive the Distinguished Alumnus Award from University of Florida.
- Bachelors degree from the Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur in 1972.
- Masters degree from the Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur in 1974.
- Doctorate in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Florida in 1979.
- "1970s America - an Indian Student's Journey"
- "Nature of Human Thought"