- Animal Cops: Detroit (2002–2008)
- Animal Cops: Houston (2003–2012, 2014-current)
- Animal Cops: Philadelphia (2009–2010)
- Animal Cops: San Francisco (2005)
- Animal Cops: South Africa (2008)
- Animal Cops: Phoenix (2006–2009), formerly titled as Animal Planet Heroes: Phoenix
- Animal Cops: Miami (2010–2011)
Animal Planet has also presented a special edition of Animal Cops with 2009 episodes such as "Back from the Brink" and "Extreme Danger". Also scenes from Animal Planet's other show "Animal Precinct" have been featured in "Animal Cops" special, "Cats: Born to Survive" (about various cases involving cats and featured experts talking about the natural traits that help cats to survive). This is due to "Animal Cops" being based on the "Animal Precinct" concept.
Animal Cops in the Netherlands
The Animal Cops series inspired the formation of a 500-strong animal police force (Dutch: Dierenpolitie), with full law-enforcement powers in the Netherlands, as agreed by the Dutch government coalition which formed in 2010. The first Dutch animal cops were officially certified on December 2, 2011 by the Security and Justice minster Ivo Opstelten.
The Party for the Animals criticized the plan because the animal cops are only allowed to investigate the abuse of pets, not the abuse of farm animals. For the same reason, the Dutch animal cops are sometimes mockingly called the guinea pig police (Dutch: caviapolitie).
- List of programs broadcast by Animal Planet
- Animal Precinct (2001–2008)
- Miami Animal Police (2004–2006)
- Dutch politics: In from the wilderness, The Economist, October 1, 2010
- "Eerste 'animal cops' krijgen certificaat". NOS.nl (in Dutch). December 2, 2011. Retrieved December 2, 2011.
- "Animalcops worden cavia-agenten". De Pers (in Dutch). October 5, 2011. Retrieved December 3, 2011.
- Rijken, Kemal (January 4, 2011). "Welten uit kritiek op plan 'caviapolitie'" (in Dutch). Binnenlands Bestuur. Retrieved February 29, 2012.