Animation On Display
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2007)|
|Animation On Display|
|Location(s)||Japantown, San Francisco, California|
|Attendance||2,195 in 2012; 1,593 in 2005|
|Organized by||Federation for the Promotion of Animation|
Animation On Display is an animation convention in Japantown, San Francisco, California, containing animation screenings, cosplay, panels, guests, vendors, fandom, comics, J-Rock, and more in reference to East Asian and American culture.
Formerly Anime Overdose and then AOD: The San Francisco Animation Convention, Animation On Display is managed by the Federation for the Promotion of Animation, and is a non-profit organization. It is the goal of the FPA to increase awareness and understanding of the art of animation and its related interests in a fun and exciting family-oriented format, and to enable those interested in animation to meet and share their interests.
The Anime Overdose convention began in 2003 at Santa Clara University. As the convention expanded, it was moved to the Nob Hill neighborhood of San Francisco. Several smaller animation-related groups have come together to provide management for AOD. The event was renamed "Animation On Display" in 2007, and moved to Japantown in 2010, where it has been since. In 2014, AOD moved to the Hyatt in Burlingame (near SFO).
- "Animation On Display Event History". Animation On Display. Retrieved 2013-03-01.
- "Anime Overdose 2005". AnimeCons.com. Retrieved 2007-03-07.
- "AOD 2006: San Francisco Animation Convention". AnimeCons.com. Archived from the original on 10 February 2007. Retrieved 2007-03-07.
- "About Animation On Display". Animation On Display. Retrieved 2013-03-01.
- "Anime Overdose 2003". AnimeCons.com. Retrieved 2007-03-07.
|This anime convention-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|