Aniruddha Bahal (born c. 1967) is an Indian journalist, author, founder and editor of the online magazine Cobrapost.com. Born in Allahabad, Bahal worked as a journalist and editor for India Today and Outlook. In 1999, he along with Tarun Tejpal co-founded Tehelka, an investigative news website. While at Tehelka, Bahal conceived and carried out a sting operation which caught members of Indian Cricket Team accepting bribes to throw matches in camera. It resulted in a series of articles on match fixing in Indian Cricket, which were eventually published as a book - Fallen Heroes. Bahal is also known for his part in Operation West End, another sting operation. In 2003, he left Tehelka.
In 2005, Bahal founded and became the editor-in-chief of the online investigative journal Cobrapost.com. The same year, Bahal and Cobrapost carried out Operation Duryodhana (also known as the "Cash for Questions" scandal), in which they managed to film several members of the Indian parliament accepting cash bribes in return for asking questions in parliament. In 2008, he started hosting "The Tony B Show" for Channel V.
On 13 March 2013 he claimed to have exposed major banks in India turning black money into white and engaging in gross violations of Income Tax Act, FEMA, by carrying out a sting operation code named Red Spider
He also unearthed misuse of social media platforms by several IT companies for a price. The Expose was revealed in 'Operation Blue Virus'
- Crack in the Mirror (1991)
- Bunker 13 (2003)
- The Emissary (2010)
- Reddy, Sheela (9 June 2003). "10 Questions Aniruddha Bahal". Outlook. Archived from the original on 2014-12-12. Retrieved 12 December 2014.
- Zaitchik, Alexander (19 November 2006). "Aniruddha Bahal: The King of Sting". The Independent. Retrieved 9 February 2010.
- "Caught on camera". Indian Express. 30 December 2009. Retrieved 9 February 2010.
- Tejpal, Tarun (7 March 2004). "For whom the bell tolls". Tehelka. Archived from the original on 3 February 2010. Retrieved 9 February 2010.
- "Bad sex writer laughs at victory". BBC. 3 December 2003. Retrieved 9 February 2010.
- Ganesan, Sharmila (21 September 2008). "Bathroom breaks and other leaks". Times of India. Retrieved 9 February 2010.
- Narayan, Manjula (11 October 2008). "Tony B Good". Tehelka. Retrieved 9 February 2010.
- L.S.D. Film Review