||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2013)|
Anita Anand during an outside broadcast
28 April 1972 |
|Occupation||Radio & TV Presenter|
Early life and education
After training as a journalist, Anand became European Head of News and Current Affairs for Zee TV, and one of the youngest TV news editors in Britain at the age of 25. She presented the talk show The Big Debate, and was political correspondent for Zee TV presenting the Raj Britannia series – 31 documentaries chronicling the political aspirations of the Asian community in the most marginal constituencies in 1997. Until October 2007, Anand presented in the 10pm till 1am slot on Monday to Thursdays on BBC Radio 5 Live. She went on to co-present the station's weekday "Drive" (16:00–19:00) slot with Peter Allen, having replaced Jane Garvey in 2007. Aasmah Mir replaced her when she left for maternity leave.
Anand has presented the BBC Radio 4 show Mid Week, which goes out on Wednesday mornings between 9:00 & 9:45 a.m. and on television, Anand has been a presenter on the Heaven and Earth Show. She has co-presented the Daily Politics on BBC Two with Andrew Neil from September 2008, with a break for maternity leave from January to September 2010.
In July 2011 Anand left the Daily Politics to present a new show called Double Take on Radio 5 Live on Sunday mornings. In June 2012, Anand took over presenting Radio 4's Any Answers? Saturday current affairs phone-in programme between 2:00 and 2:30 p.m. from Jonathan Dimbleby who continues to present the phone-in's sister programme, Any Questions?
Anand married scientist and author Simon Singh in September 2007. The couple have a son and live in London.
- 'Guide to Independent Schools' – Bancroft's School – Former pupils Guide to Independent Schools Retrieved: 22 November 2011.
- BBC Press Office
- Who will cover for Anita?
- "Jonathan Dimbleby hands Any Answers? baton to Anita Anand on Radio 4". BBC Media Centre. 23 May 2012. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- NRI TV presenter gets Nazia award
- Anita Anand receives Nazia Hassan award
- Anita Anand's Homepage
- Any Answers? at BBC Programmes (BBC Radio 4)
- Double Take at BBC Programmes (BBC Radio 5 Live)
- Shame! Shame! article by Anita Anand
- BBC NewsWatch Interview
- Anita Anand at the Internet Movie Database