Anita Ramasastry is the D. Wayne & Anne Gittinger Professor of Law at the University of Washington School of Law in Seattle and a director of the Shidler Center for Law, Commerce & Technology. She is also a regular columnist for the online legal commentary Writ.
Upon graduation, she worked at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York and worked and taught in Budapest. She clerked for Justice Alan B. Handler of the New Jersey Supreme Court and has taught at University of Washington since 1996.
As of 2011, Ramasastry is a senior advisor in the International Trade Administration at the US Dept. of Commerce as part of the Obama administration. She is working with former Washington Governor, Gary Locke who is currently the Secretary of Commerce. Ramasastry is a member of the Department of Commerce Internet Policy Task Force.
- Fulbright Senior Scholar Award, National University Ireland (Galway) (2008)
- Asia Society, Asia 21 Young Leader Fellowship (2008)
- Philip A. Trautman 1L Professor of the Year (2006, 2003, 1997)
- Outstanding Academician Award, North American South Asian Bar Association (2004)
- University of Washington Outstanding Public Service Award (for Immigrant Families Advocacy Project) (2002)
- University of Washington Distinguished Teaching Award (1998)
- Anita Ramasastry profile via University of Washington.
- 2002 Outstanding Public Service Award citation via University of Washington
|This American law-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|