Anja Rubik walking for Michael Kors Spring/Summer 2009
12 June 1983
|Height||5 ft 10.5 in (1.79 m)|
|Measurements||(US) 33-24-35; (EU) 84-61-90|
|Dress size||(US) 4; (EU) 36|
Rubik was born in Rzeszów, Poland. In 1988 she and her family moved to Greece. They later moved to Canada and to Umtata, South Africa. Among the schools she attended was one in Częstochowa, Poland. Rubik was introduced to modeling while attending a British high school in Paris. She wanted to finish her schooling before officially becoming a model, and so only worked on school holidays. Her mother, father and sister still reside in Poland.
Rubik began her modeling career full-time soon after graduating from high school. She has been featured on the covers of various magazines, including French, Korean, Latin American, Japanese, Spanish, Australian, and German Vogue, Korean and French Numéro, Nylon and Elle. She has modeled for such designers/brands as Victoria's Secret, Shiatzy Chen, Givenchy, Chloé, Christian Dior, Hermès, Valentino, Gucci, H&M, GAP, Lanvin, Balmain, Belstaff, Armani, Lacoste, DKNY, Barneys New York, Jimmy Choo, Estee Lauder, Roberto Cavalli, and Chanel. She has also done haute couture for Valentino, Chanel, Christian Lacroix and Elie Saab and Polish jeweler Apart.
Rubik was one of the faces to land in one of the fourteen covers of V magazine September 2008 issue. Each cover boasts a head shot of a famous model, either from the new crop of leading models (Agyness Deyn, Lara Stone, Natasha Poly, Daria Werbowy, etc.) or the supermodel era (Christy Turlington, Naomi Campbell, Eva Herzigova), it was photographed by duo Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin.
She appeared in the 2009, 2010, and 2011 Victoria's Secret Fashion Shows.
Vogue Paris declared her one of the top 30 models of the 2000s. As of May 2010, she is ranked 3rd, behind Natasha Poly and Lara Stone, on the Top 50 Models Women list and 18th on the Top 25 Money Girls list, which ranks the highest earning high fashion models in the industry, by models.com. As of September 2012, she is ranked as an icon.
Rubik is featured in the 2011 Pirelli Calendar photographed by Karl Lagerfeld. She was one of the models to star in Lacoste's "new look" campaign in January, a different advertising concept for 2011 under the new tagline, "Unconventional Chic". The ads were shot by Mert and Marcus, showing models wearing the iconic white Lacoste polo shirts worn over fancy black evening wear. Rubik renewed her contract with Fendi for the third season in a row. In 2013 she was ranked third on Vogue's "Top 10 Models of 2013" list. In 2014 she became the host and a judge of the Polish version of the reality show Project Runway TVN.
- Statement on talk-show Kuba Wojewódzki (in Polish) of the 23 March 2010.
- "Rubik, Anja". Next Models. Archived from the original on 2007-12-15. Retrieved 2008-01-30.
- "Anja Rubik bez Photoshopa". Warsaw, Poland: Agora SA. 28 October 2011. Retrieved 7 December 2011.
- Anja Rubik at Models.com Database
- Lim, James (10 September 2008). "Ogle ‘V’ Magazine’s Fourteen New Cover Models". New York Magazine. Retrieved 21 February 2011.
- "Les 30 Mannequins des Années 2000". Vogue Paris. Retrieved 14 June 2011.
- "MODELS.com's 50 Top Models – 5-1". models.com. Retrieved 14 June 2011.
- "MODELS.com's Money Girls – 20-16". models.com. Retrieved 14 June 2011.
- "Stay healthy and relaxed with Yoga for Wii". Vienna, Austria: JoWood Entertainment. 20 October 2009. Retrieved 4 October 2010.
- "Anja Rubik the world's most influential model". AnjaRubik.net. 18 December 2011. Retrieved 16 September 2012.
- [dead link]
- "Memo Pad: Lacoste's New Look... Hail, Mario Testino...". Women's Wear Daily. 28 December 2010. Retrieved 3 January 2011.
- Lim, James (4 January 2011). "See the New Spring Campaigns for Dior, Prada, Versace, Gucci, and More". New York Magazine. Retrieved 18 February 2011.
- Kruspe, Dana (26 December 2013). "Vogue’s Top 10 Models of 2013". Fashionista. Retrieved 28 December 2013.
- Schneier, Matthew (9 November 2010). "Winged Messengers". style file: daily fashion, party, and model news. Retrieved 16 September 2012.
- The Man That Makes Every Music Video Go Viral, Culture.pl. April 2014. Retrieved 29-04-2014
- Anja Rubik & Sasha Knezevic Engaged", Huffington Post, 5 January 2011.
- Anja Rubik Marries Sasha Knezevic in Mallorca, The Front Row View', July 2011' "
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Anja Rubik.|