|Directed by||N. Maharajan|
|Produced by||S. S. Chakravarthy|
|Music by||Mani Sharma|
|Release dates||October 24, 2003|
Anjaneya (Tamil: ஆஞ்சநேயா) is a 2003 Tamil film directed by Maharajan featuring Ajith Kumar, Meera Jasmine in lead roles with Raghuvaran, Ramesh Khanna, and Sarala in supporting roles. The film, produced by S. S. Chakravarthy, had its score and soundtrack composed by Mani Sharma. The film opened in October 2003 to mixed reviews.
DCP Paramaguru (Ajith Kumar) an efficient police officer who fights with the scum of the society. He later masquerades as a thief to infiltrate into the underworld. The bad guys are surprised to find that Paramguru is the DCP, out to get them. So they all gang up against him. In this process a thrilling encounter takes place between the good and the evil. Paramaguru is helped in his fight against injustice by Divya (Meera Jasmine) who falls in love with him.
- Ajith Kumar as Paramaguru
- Meera Jasmine as Divya
- Raghuvaran as Venketeaswaran
- Jaya Prakash Reddy as Prakash
- Adithya Menon as Siva (Début Movie)
- Ramesh Khanna as Kolai
- Ponnambalam as Veerapan
- FEFSI Vijayan as Vettu Ramasamy
- Jaya Prakash Reddy as Jay Prakash
- Anu Hasan as Paramaguru's sister
- Rathi in a special appearance
Ovvoru Naalum Singer(s) : Tippu, Chorus
Paavadai Panjavarnam Singer(s) : Shankar Mahadevan, Chorus
The leading female role was eventually handed to Meera Jasmine even though Reemma Sen was also approached earlier for the film. The film feature Ajith Kumar in his first role as a police officer, before further appearances in Kireedam, Aegan and Mankatha. The film was shot within 47 days, with Ajith reportedly working extra time to complete scenes. Producers downplayed any publicity for the film, releasing the audio with little fanfare and not releasing a teaser trailer.
- "Tamil Cinema News - Ajith Interview". Behindwoods.com. Retrieved 2013-07-30.
- "Meera Jasmine confirmed! 'Anchaneya's confusions end". www.ajithkumar.fr.fm. 2003-06-28. Retrieved 2013-07-30.
- "Variety fare for Deepavali". The Hindu. 2003-10-24. Retrieved 2013-07-30.
- "Anjaneya". The Hindu. 2003-11-07. Retrieved 2013-07-30.
- HostOnNet.com. "BizHat.com - Anjaneya Review. Ajith, Meera Jasmine, Raghuvaran, Anu Hassan, Manivannan". Movies.bizhat.com. Retrieved 2013-07-30.
|This article about a Tamil-language film of the 2000s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|