Ankara 75th Anniversary Race Course
|Owned by||Jockey Club of Turkey (TJK)|
|Screened on||TJK TV|
Ankara 75th Anniversary Race Course (Turkish: Ankara 75. Yıl Hipodromu) is a horse racing track located at Batıkent neighborhood in Yenimahalle district of Ankara, Turkey. It is founded in 1998, which was the 75th anniversary of Turkish Republic's foundation.
The race course covers an area of 138.3 ha (342 acres) consisting of facilities for racing, training and barns. The race course has three tracks as:
- a 2,200 m (2,400 yd) long and 30 m (98 ft) wide turf oval,
- a 2,055 m (2,247 yd) long and 20 m (66 ft) wide sand track and
- a 1,900 m (2,100 yd) long and 15 m (49 ft) wide oval training.
The track's total spectator capacity is 8,700 with 2,300 seats. The complex, built on four storeys, comprises offices, social and recreational facilities.
- Republic of Turkey Stakes (Cumhuriyet Koşusu) is the most prestigious flat racing in Turkey after the Gazi Race, which is run at Veliefendi Race Course in Istanbul. Established in 1981, it is held on the last weekend of October (Republic Day, 29 October). 22 purebred Arabian horses that are 3-year-old and older compete over a distance of 1,600 m (1,700 yd) on the turf track. The winner is awarded a total money prize of TL 1.275 million (approx. US$900,000 as of October 2010) accompanied by a trophy bestowed by the Turkish president.
- Presidency Cup (Cumhurbaşkanlığı Koşusu), held since 1939 in honor of the Turkish president, is the country's another prestigious flat racing. It is run on the same day with Republic Race over a distance of 2,400 m (2,600 yd) on the turf track by 9 to 14 thoroughbred horses that are 3-year-old and older. The award totals to TL 743,750 (approx. US$520,000 as of October 2010) and a trophy bestowed by the Turkish president.
- TJK TV Live
- "Ankara 75. Yıl Hipodromu Bilgileri" (in Turkish). idaa tahmin. Retrieved 2011-11-16.
- "Safkanlar Cumhuriyet ve Cumhurbaşkanı İçin Koşacak.." (in Turkish). SporBul. Retrieved 2011-11-16.
- "75. Yıl Ankara Hipodromu'nda tarihi gün" (in Turkish). Spor. 2010-10-29. Retrieved 2011-11-16.
- "72. Cumhurbaşkanlığı Kupası Ve Cumhuriyet Koşusu 75. Yıl Hipodromunda Yapıldı" (in Turkish). Birinci Kuvvet. 2010-10-30. Retrieved 2011-11-16.