|• Official||Gujarati, Hindi|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Vehicle registration||GJ 16|
|This section does not cite any references or sources. (May 2013)|
The town is known for its industrial township called GIDC (Gujarat Industrial Development Corporation). Ankleshwar has an office of the ONGC (Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited). Ankleshwar has over 1000 chemical plants, producing products such as pesticides, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, and paints.
Ankleshwar is connected by Indian National Highway 8 (Mumbai to New Delhi) and by the Western Railway Division of Indian Railways. The railway division runs the broad gauge train services to Rajpipla. The 133 year-old Golden Bridge connects Ankleshwar to Bharuch across the Narmada on the station front while a new bridge connects the highway, the other bridge on the highway is now ready to use.
Ankleshwar Railway station is centrally located at the intersection of NH8 & Station Road.
Ankleshwar City Bus stand is located on Station Road (i.e. located in the City, the western section).
Development project of Ankleshwar Airport & City Bus are in pipe line in last stage.
Ankleshwar is an educated city. It has an average literacy rate of 79%, higher than the national average of 59.5%; with 56% of the males and 44% of females literate.
- The Kadakia Commerce and Arts College.
- Shri M.H. Kadakia Institute of Management and Computer Studies. (for MBA, BCA,BBA and MCA)
- Swami Krishnaswarup Shashtri College of Commerce and Management
- Swami Narayanswarup B.Ed College
- SHROFF S.R ROTARY INSTITUTE OF CHEMICAL TECHNOLOGY
- The Shreemati Puspawati Devidas Shroff Sanskardeep Vidyalaya (Gujaraati medium) offers education from kindergarten to Secondary in Gujarati (Science Stream)
- The Swami Vivekananda School (English and Gujarati medium) offers education from kindergarten to Higher Secondary (Science) in English and Gujarati.
- The Shree Gattu Vidyalaya is one of the oldest schools of Ankleshwar, providing education from kindergarten to higher secondary. It offers both English and Gujarati mediums in Science Stream. The school has a basketball and football team which is very good. The basketball club BAYHAWKS is the best in district .
- The C.M. Academy (Chandra Bala Modi Academy), is a CBSE school inside the campus of the multinational company Gujarat Guardian Ltd. (a joint venture between Guardian Glass of the US and the Modi Group).
- The Lions School, for education in Gujarati and English medium, offers education from kindergarten to Higher Secondary (Commerce)
- Shravan VidyaBhavan
- Zenith High School.
- St. Paul's School
- C.K.G. High School
- Vision School of excellence
- The PP Savani School,for English medium and Gujrati medium
- Gurukul Public School, English Medium
- national high school, Hindi Medium & English Medium
- E. N. Ginwala High school is a government funded boys school, providing education to boys from Secondary to Higher Secondary in Gujarati.
- M. T. High school is a government funded girls school, providing education to girls from Secondary to Higher Secondary in Gujarati.
- T. M. Shah Adarsh High school provides education to boys and girls from kindergarten to Higher Secondary in Gujarati.
- National School
- Kendriya Vidyalaya, ONGC Ankleshwar, CBSE school.
Hospitals include the
- Jayaben Modi Hospital,
- Sarvajanik Hospital,
- Sanjivani Hospital
- Sardar Patel Hospital.
- And now ESIC's (Employee State Insurance Corporation)New Hospital Is under Construction.
- In April 2014, the "New Life" private hospital was constructed in Jasaat Plaza (Station Road). It is conveniently served by Ankleshwar's main bus & railway stations.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.