|Born||January 1, 1955|
|Alma mater||University of Connecticut
Early life, education and career
Brickley was born in Hartford to her parents John and Anita Miller. She is the oldest of three children and spent her childhood growing up in Wethersfield, Connecticut. Her father is a former Republican National Committee member.
Brickley graduated from Wethersfield High School and went on to the University of Connecticut, where she served on both the women's tennis and gymnastic teams. She graduated from the University of Connecticut in 1976, holds both Bachelors and Master's degrees in engineering, and is a licensed Professional Engineer.
Brickley began her career after college as an engineer at the United Technologies Research Center in Hartford. She then spent more than a decade in a variety of different management roles at GE Industrial Systems. She currently owns and operates Sage & Swift, a business consulting firm.
2010 U.S. Congressional campaign
Brickley challenged Democratic incumbent John B. Larson. Also running were Green Party nominee Kenneth J. Krayeske and Socialist Action nominee Christopher J. Hutchinson.
On May 21, 2010, Brickley won the GOP convention endorsement. She said that she would work to reduce ineffective and burdensome government regulations and bureaucracy that make it more difficult for businesses to compete in the global economy, and would begin to seriously address the federal government's addiction to spending. She then defeated Mark Zydanowicz in the August 10, 2010 Republican primary.
In the November 2 general election, she lost to the incumbent Larson.
Brickley was married in 1977, and has subsequently divorced. She has two children from that marriage. Her son Dave is a Boston University graduate and her son Robert is a senior at the University of Connecticut. She has been a master gardener for the past seven years.
- Hartford Courant, "http://articles.courant.com/2010-05-21/news/hc-1st-congressional-district-0521_1_1st-house-district-gop-west-hartford", May 21, 2010
- WTIC-AM News Talk 1080, "http://wtic.cbslocal.com/2010/07/16/whos-running-against-john-larson/", July 16, 2010
- Hartford Courant, "http://www.courant.com/news/politics/hc-primary-1st-brickley-zydanowicz-0720100711-20,0,2766104.story", July 12, 2010
- Bristol Press, "http://bristolpress.com/articles/2010/08/10/news/doc4c621c5cb5988886432725.txt", August 10, 2010
- University of Connecticut, "http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/m-soccer/mtt/brickley_robert00.html"