Ann Savoy performing at the Liberty Theater in Eunice, Louisiana, November 2012
|Birth name||Ann Allen|
|Born||January 20, 1952|
|Origin||Richmond, Virginia, U.S.|
|Genres||Cajun, folk, adult contemporary|
|Occupations||Singer-songwriter, musician, record producer, actress|
|Instruments||Vocals, guitar, accordion, fiddle|
|Labels||Vanguard, Arhoolie, Rounder, Memphis Records|
|Associated acts||Savoy Family Band, Savoy Doucet Cajun Band, The Magnolia Sisters
The Zozo Sisters (with Linda Ronstadt) (2002 & 2006)
As a musician, she performs with her husband accordionist Marc Savoy and fiddler Michael Doucet in the Savoy Doucet Cajun Band. She also has an all-woman band The Magnolia Sisters. She also performs with husband Marc and their sons, Joel and Wilson, in the Savoy Family Band. Most recently, she has put together a Django Reinhardt-style swing band called Ann Savoy and her Sleepless Knights.
Savoy appeared as a musician in the film Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood and was the associate music director of the film All The King's Men, working on this project with T Bone Burnett. She has appeared in many documentaries on the subject of Cajun music including a Les Blank film, entitled Marc and Ann.
As a record producer she produced, among others, the Grammy Award nominated tribute to Cajun music, Evangeline Made: A Tribute to Cajun Music, featuring singers Linda Ronstadt, John Fogerty, Nick Lowe, and other noted musicians.
She has recorded a number of CDs. As The Zozo Sisters she recorded the Grammy Award nominated album Adieu False Heart - a CD with Linda Ronstadt. Adieu False Heart is notable for Savoy's first time recording in English.
With Savoy Doucet Cajun Band 
- Home Music with Spirits (1981) Arhoolie Records
- Savoy-Doucet Cajun Band (1984) Arhoolie
- With Spirits (1987) Arhoolie
- Two Step D'Amadé (1993) Arhoolie
- Harias: Home Music (1993) Arhoolie
- Live! (1994) Arhoolie
- Sam's Big Rooster (2000) Arhoolie
Magnolia Sisters 
- Prends Courage (1995) Arhoolie
- Chers Amis (2000) Rounder Records
- Après Faire Le Boogie Woogie (2004) Rounder
- Stripped Down (2009) Arhoolie
Savoy Family Band 
- Savoy Family Album (2003) Arhoolie
- Turn Loose But Don't Let Go (2008) Arhoolie
With others 
- Evangeline Made: A Tribute to Cajun Music Various Artists (2002) Vanguard Records
- Adieu False Heart with Linda Ronstadt as the Zozo Sisters (2006) Vanguard Records
- "Ann Savoy". Discogs. Retrieved 2010-03-05.
- Harris, Craig. "Ann Savoy biography". Allmusic. Retrieved 2010-03-05.
- Wise, Naomi (2008-06-18). "Dixie-Fried". San Diego Reader. Retrieved 2010-03-13.
- Wirt, John (September 5, 2008). "Savoy a key component of La. music". 2TheAdvocate. Retrieved January 30, 2011.
- "The Independent Weekly". Songbird Sisters, South Louisiana’s Ann Savoy teams up with pop icon Linda Ronstadt for their new CD, Adieu False Heart,By Joshua Clegg Caffery,7/26/2006. Archived from the original on September 28, 2007. Retrieved May 13, 2007.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Savoy family|