Ann Southam, CM (4 February 1937 – 25 November 2010) was a Canadian composer.
She was appointed a Member of the Order of Canada in 2010. She died, aged 73, on 25 November 2010. In her will she left $14 million to the Canadian Women’s Foundation.
- Rhapsodic Interlude, for solo violin (1963)
- Quodlibet, for piano (1966)
- A Thread of Sand, for tape (1969)
- Boat, River, Moon, for tape (1972)
- Sky-Sails, for tape (1973)
- Configurations, for piano and tape (1973)
- L'Assassin Menace, for tape (1974)
- Walls and Passageways, for tape (1974)
- Mythic Journey, for tape (1974)
- The Reprieve, for tape (1975)
- Towards Green, for flute, clarinet, violin, and viola (1976)
- Networks, for flute, trombone, viola, cello, piano, and percussion (1978)
- Seastill, for tape (1979)
- Cool Blue, for piano (1980)
- Glass Houses, for piano and (optional) tape (1981)
- The Emerging Ground, for tape (1983)
- Rewind, for tape (1984)
- Re-tuning for viola and tape (1985)
- Piano Quintet (1986)
- Soundings for a New Piano: 12 Meditations on a Twelve Tone Row (1986)
- Spatial View of Pond (After a Painting by Aiko Suzuki), for piano (1986)
- In a Measure of Time, for two pianos (1988)
- Fluke Sound, for tape (1989)
- Song of the Varied Thrush, for string quartet (1991)
- Webster's Spin, for string orchestra (1993)
- Full Circles, for trumpet, violin, vibraphone, and piano (1996)
- Remembering Schubert, for piano
- "Ann Southam", The Encyclopedia of Music in Canada, edited by Helmut Kallmann, Gilles Potvin, Robin Elliott, Mark Miller and Claire Versailles. (Accessed 30 December 2007)
- Soundings for a New Piano (1986), Streamed free from Irritable Hedgehog Music.
- Báthory-Kitz, Dennis, and Gunn, David. 1998. "If Only I Could Sing: Ann Southam in Conversation with Kalvos and Damian". Musicworks 71 (Summer). Online edition (Accessed 30 December 2007)
- Bernstein, Tamara. 2001. "Southam, Ann". The New Grove Dictionary of Music and Musicians, ed. S. Sadie and J. Tyrrell. London: Macmillan.