Barriball works in a variety of media, including paint, pencil, ink, found photographs and video projections. Her talent was first spotted in the New Contemporaries exhibition in 2000, and she has had gallery representation since leaving college. She has subsequently she has shown work internationally in exhibitions including The British Art Show 6 at venues throughout the UK, Rewind at Glassbox in Paris, Superfluity at Latvijas Makslas Akademija in Riga and Bonobos at Niels Borch Jensen Galerie in Berlin.
In 2008 Barriball launched a poster campaign on the escalators of the London Underground, encouraging acts of self-reflection. In 2011 the Milton Keynes Gallery featured a major exhibition of Barriball's work which travelled to the Fruitmarket Gallery in Edinburgh in 2012.
- Teri Pengilley (22 November 2013). "In the studio: Anna Barriball, artist". The Independent. Retrieved 2014-01-05.
- Sarah Urwin Jones (28 January 2012). "Anna Barriball adds another dimension to her art". The Herald (Glasgow). Retrieved 2014-01-05.
- Chris Fite-Wassilak (April 2009). "Anna Barriball". Frieze (122). Retrieved 2014-01-05.
- Anna Barriball born 1972, Tate.org.uk. Retrieved 2014-01-05.
- Anna Barriball at Frith Street Gallery
- Anna Barriball at Ingleby Gallery "Link to artists page, CV, biography and exhibition information: Ingleby Gallery, Edinburgh."
- Anna Barriball – Saatchi Gallery