Anna Bergendahl (2012)
|Birth name||Anna Henrietta Bergendahl|
|Born||11 December 1991|
|Origin||Hägersten, Stockholm, Sweden|
Universal Music Group
Anna Henrietta Bergendahl (born 11 December 1991) is a Swedish singer. She was born in Hägersten, Stockholm and raised in Nyköping and Katrineholm. Bergendahl is of partial Irish descent as her grandmother was born and lives in Ireland, and Anna's first performance in front of an audience was made in a cathedral in York when she was only eight years old. She took part in Swedish TV4 music program Super Troupers in 2004, and in Idol 2008 where she reached the Final 5 before being eliminated.
In 2009, Bergendahl signed for Lionheart Records. Her debut album was released on 14 April 2010. Bergendahl won Melodifestivalen 2010 with the song "This Is My Life" and represented Sweden in the Eurovision Song Contest 2010 in Norway, where she became the first Swedish entrant in the Contest's history to fail to qualify for the final. The song hit #1 on the Swedish Singles Chart on 5 March 2010.
Bergendahl successfully applied for the TV4 talent show Idol 2008 with her rendition of Bonnie Raitt's Have a Heart which received praises from the jury which consisted of Laila Bagge, Anders Bagge and Andreas Carlsson. She later sang songs like ABBA's Mamma Mia, Py Bäckman's Stad i ljus, Save Up All Your Tears, Bleeding Love by Leona Lewis, The Best and Over the Rainbow.
In 2009 Bergendahl was approached by Kristian Lagerström and Bobby Ljunggren and asked if she wanted to record a song for Melodifestivalen 2010.
Melodifestivalen and Eurovision
Anna Bergendahl participated in Melodifestivalen 2010 with the song "This Is My Life", written and produced by Kristian Lagerström (lyrics) and Bobby Ljunggren (music). The song won the final in Ericsson Globe on March 13, 2010, with 214 points. Bergendahl represented Sweden at the Eurovision Song Contest 2010 in Oslo, Norway, where she became the first Swedish singer not to qualify for the final since the introduction of the semifinals in 2004 (although she placed 11th, just outside the top 10 qualifiers by a margin of 5 points). "This Is My Life'" was the first ballad to win Melodifestivalen since 1998 when Kärleken är won and was also Sweden's 50th entry in the Eurovision Song Contest.
2010: After Eurovision
After Eurovision Bergendahl participated in Allsång på Skansen, Sommarkrysset, and Lotta på Liseberg. She also went on a tour and sang songs from her debut album. In 2012 Bergendahl released her new album Something to Believe In with the debut single from the new album being "Live and Let Go".
|Album Title||Album details||Chart positions|
|Something to Believe In||13|
|2010||"This Is My Life"||1||6||93||62||Yours Sincerely|
|2012||"Live and Let Go"||—||—||—||—||Something to Believe In|
|2008||"Release Me" (Live)||58||Single Only|
|"Save Up All Your Tears"||57|
|"Over The Rainbow"||53|
Other Charted Songs
|2008||"(I've Had) The Time of My Life" (with Kevin Borg)||36||Single Only|
- Amster, Harry (27 February 2010). "Idoljuryn började gråta". Svenska Dagbladet. Archived from the original on 28 February 2010. Retrieved 31 March 2010. (Swedish)
- "Om Anna". anna-bergendahl.se. Archived from the original on 17 March 2010. Retrieved 13 March 2010.[dead link] (Swedish)
- Granström, Klas (21 May 2009). ""Idol"-Alice och Anna har fått skivkontrakt". Aftonbladet. Retrieved 13 March 2010. (Swedish)
- Holmberg, Kalle (13 March 2010). "Anna Bergendahl vann med "This is my life"". Dagens Nyheter. Archived from the original on 17 March 2010. Retrieved 13 March 2010. (Swedish)
- "Anna Bergendahl – This Is My Life". swedishcharts.com. Archived from the original on 12 March 2010. Retrieved 13 March 2010. (Swedish)
- Anna 16 fick alla att gråta
- Anna Bergendahl från Idol till Melodifestivalen
- "Det största som har hänt mig". Aftonbladet. 13 mars 2010. Retrieved 13 mars 2010.
- "Anna Bergendahl – Swedish Charts". swedishcharts.com/ Hung Medien.
- "Anna Bergendahl – Norwegian Charts". norwegiancharts.com/ Hung Medien.
- "Anna Bergendahl – Dutch Charts". dutchcharts.nl/ Hung Medien.
- "Anna Bergendahl – Swiss Charts". hitparade.ch/ Hung Medien.
- "Kevin Borg & Anna Bergendahl – (I've Had) The Time Of My Life". swedishcharts.com/ Hung Medien.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Anna Bergendahl.|
- Official site (Swedish)