April 14, 1976 |
Iron Mountain, Michigan
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Weight||160 lb (73 kg)|
|Detroit Shock (2000)
Phoenix Mercury (2003–2005)
Indiana Fever (2006–2007)
Minnesota Lynx (2008)
Detroit Shock (2009)
|Awards and honors|
|2× WNBA All-Star (2004, 2007)|
Anna Louise DeForge (born April 14, 1976 in Iron Mountain, Michigan) is an American professional basketball player who most recently played for the Detroit Shock in the WNBA. She is the first player from the University of Nebraska to ever play in the WNBA. After finding little success and playing time for several WNBA teams, she finally earned a spot on a WNBA All-Star team in 2004. She was one of the players selected to play in the historic WNBA vs. USA Basketball Game.
On February 19, 2008 DeForge signed on with the Minnesota Lynx.
On February 27, 2009 DeForge signed on with the Beşiktaş Istanbul.
- Selected to start the 2007 WNBA All-Star for the Eastern Conference by the WNBA Fans
- Selected to play in the WNBA vs. USA Basketball Game at Radio City Music Hall in 2004
- Won the National Women's Basketball League Championship with the Dallas Fury in 2004
- 2005-2006: Honored as league (PLKK) MVP . The Polish TS Wisla Can-Pack Krakow team won the Women's PLKK Championship Series.
- 2006-2007: Her Polish TS Wisla Can-Pack Krakow team won the Women's PLKK Championship Series.
- 2007-2008: Her Polish TS Wisla Can-Pack Krakow team won the Women's PLKK Championship Series.
- Official website
- Anna DeForge at WNBA.com
- WNBA.com: DeForge named to All-Star Team
- DeForge signs with Minnesota