Anna Funder on Ubud Writers & Readers Festival 2012
|Education||BA(Hons) LLB (HONS) MA, DCA (Creative Writing)|
Anna Funder’s writing has received numerous accolades and awards. Her essays, feature articles and columns have appeared in numerous publications. She has toured as a public speaker, and is a former DAAD (Berlin), Australia Council, NSW Writing Fellow and Rockefeller Foundation Fellow.
Awards and honors
- 2004 Samuel Johnson Prize, winner, Stasiland
- 2012 Miles Franklin Award, winner, All That I Am
- 2012 Australian Book Industries Award (ABIA), Book of the Year for All That I Am
- 2012 Barbara Jefferis Award for All That I Am
- 2012 Booksellers Indie Book Award for Literary Fiction for All That I Am
- Funder, Anna (2003). Stasiland: Stories from behind the Berlin Wall. London: Granta. ISBN 978-1-86207-655-6. OCLC 55891480.
- Funder, Anna (2011). All That I Am. London: Penguin. ISBN 978-1-926428-33-8.
- "Literature assessment meeting report - December 2011". Australia Council for the Arts. December 2011. Retrieved 13 August 2013.
- Zajac, Bec (October 2012). "An Australian Writer in Brooklyn". The Brooklyn Rail.
- Miles Franklin Literary Award Website - (2012 Winner) - Retrieved 21 June 2012.
- Winners of the Australian Book Industry Awards (ABIA) 2012 Announced - Retrieved 13 August 2013.
- Barbara Jefferis Award Winner 2012 - Retrieved 13 August 2013.
- "Australian Independent Booksellers Indie Book Award Winners".
- "Stasiland by Anna Funder", Guardian Unlimited, Thursday 6 November 2003.
- "Debut author wins Johnson prize", BBC News, Tuesday, 15 June 2004
- ABC Critical Mass biography: Anna Funder ABC Critical Mass, 2003
- Life Behind the Wall Now and Then Lancette Journal, review by Alidë Kohlhaas April 2004
- Byrnes, Sholto; Tonkin, Boyd (18 June 2004). "Anna Funder: Inside the real Room 101". London: The Independent. Retrieved 2 February 2008.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Anna Funder.|
- Anna Funder official website
- Miles Franklin Literary Award - Website - (2012 Winner)
- Video: Anna Funder lecture on 'Courage' Sydney PEN 3 Voices Project, November 2008, on SlowTV
- Podcast of Anna Funder discussing “On East Germany” at the Shanghai International Literary Festival