Anna Independent School District
|Anna Independent School District|
|Type and location|
|Type||Independent school district|
|Grades||Pre-K through 12|
|Region||ESC Region 10|
|Location||501 S Sherley Ave.
|NCES District ID||4808340|
|Students and staff|
|Teachers||169.18 (2009-10) (on full-time equivalent (FTE) basis)|
|Student-teacher ratio||13.28 (2009-10)|
|Athletic Conference||UIL Class 3A Football & Basketball|
|TEA District Accountability Rating for 2011-12||Recognized|
As of the 2010-2011 school year, the appraised valuation of property in the district was $504,279,000. The maintenance tax rate was $0.104 and the bond tax rate was $0.050 per $100 of appraised valuation.
In 2011, the school district was rated "recognized" by the Texas Education Agency. Thirty-five percent of districts in Texas in 2011 received the same rating. No state accountability ratings will be given to districts in 2012. A school district in Texas can receive one of four possible rankings from the Texas Education Agency: Exemplary (the highest possible ranking), Recognized, Academically Acceptable, and Academically Unacceptable (the lowest possible ranking).
Historical district TEA accountability ratings
- 2011: Recognized
- 2010: Recognized
- 2009: Academically Acceptable
- 2008: Academically Acceptable
- 2007: Academically Acceptable
- 2006: Academically Acceptable
- 2005: Academically Acceptable
- 2004: Recognized
In the 2011-2012 school year the district had students in seven schools.
- Regular instructional
- Anna High (Grades 9-12)
- Anna Middle (Grades 6-8)
- Bryant Elementary (Grades PK-5)
- Rattan Elementary (Grades PK-5)
- Alternative instructional
- Anna DAEP (Grades 3-12)
- Special Program Center (Grades 7-12)
- Special Program Center/JJAEP (Grades 4-12)
- "Texas School Directory 2012". Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 14 July 2012.
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Anna ISD". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved 14 July 2012.
- "UIL Alignments". University Interscholastic League. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- "Anna High School". CBS Interactive. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- "Texas Accountability System District Ratings for 2004 through 2011". Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 14 July 2012.
- "Texas Accountability System Summary of Ratings for 2004 through 2011(as of November 2, 2011) District Ratings by Rating Category (including Charter Operators)". Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- "Accountability Rating System for Texas Public Schools and Districts". Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- Blue Ribbon Schools Program, Schools Recognized 1982-1983 Through 1999-2002 (PDF)
|This article about a school district in Texas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|