Anna Maria Alberghetti
|Anna Maria Alberghetti|
Anna Maria Alberghetti
15 May 1936 |
|Spouse(s)||Claudio Guzmán (m. 1964–74)|
Anna Maria Alberghetti (born 15 May 1936) is an Italian operatic singer and actress.
Alberghetti was a child prodigy. Her father was an opera singer and concert master of the Rome Opera Company. Her mother was a pianist. At age six, Anna Maria sang in a concert on the Isle of Rhodes with a 100-piece orchestra. She performed at Carnegie Hall in New York at the age of 13.
Alberghetti appeared twice on the cover of Life magazine. She sang on the CBS variety program The Ed Sullivan Show more than 50 times. She guest starred in 1957 on NBC's The Gisele MacKenzie Show. That same year, she performed in the premiere episode of The Pat Boone Chevy Showroom on ABC.
In 1959, the 22-year-old Alberghetti played the lead in "The Conchita Vasquez Story" of NBC's Wagon Train. She was cast as part of a gang of Comancheros who intend to attack the wagon train to steal rifles headed to the United States Army. Instead, she decides to leave the Comancheros and move west after she falls in love with scout Flint McCullough, played by Robert Horton. Tragically, as the episode ends, Conchita is killed by a bullet from her own people when they ambush the wagon train.
Alberghetti appeared in television commercials for Good Seasons salad dressing during the 1970s.
She was married to television producer-director Claudio Guzman from 1964 to 1974.
She was referenced also in an episode of The Mary Tyler Moore Show, in which her name was the beginning of a knock-knock joke that Ted Baxter had yet to finish. The joke wound up ending this way: "Anna Maria Alberghetti WHO?" "Anna Maria Alberghetti in a taxi honey..." (to the tune of "Darktown Strutters' Ball").
- The Medium (1951)
- Here Comes the Groom (1951)
- The Stars Are Singing (1953)
- The Last Command (1955)
- Duel at Apache Wells (1957)
- Ten Thousand Bedrooms (1957)
- Cinderfella (1960)
- Friends & Family (2001)
- The Whole Shebang (2001)
- Rose-Marie (1960)
- Carnival! (1961)
- Fanny (1963)
- West Side Story (1964)
- Fanny (1968)
- The Fantasticks (1968)
- The Most Happy Fella (1969)
- Cabaret (1970)
- Kismet (1971)
- The Student Prince (1976)
- The Sound of Music (1978)
- Side by Side by Sondheim (1980)
- Camelot (1981)
- The Fabulous Palm Springs Follies (2000)
- Senior Class (2007)
- Stallings, Dianne (27 November 1977). "Anna Maria Alberghetti finds applause in new territory makes up for hardships". St. Petersburg Times. pp. 1, 3 (Citrus–Hernando Times section). Retrieved 2009-10-22.[dead link]
- "The Conchita Vasquez Story". Internet Movie Data Base. Retrieved 23 August 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Anna Maria Alberghetti.|
- Anna Maria Alberghetti at the Internet Broadway Database
- Anna Maria Alberghetti at the Internet Movie Database
- Anna Maria Alberghetti at MSN Movies