||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (October 2014)|
Anna Mjöll is an Icelandic jazz singer and songwriter. Her stage name is Anna Mjöll. Her full name is Anna Mjöll Ólafsdóttir.
Anna Mjöll was born in Reykjavík, Iceland. She is the daughter of the guitarist, composer and arranger Ólafur Gaukur and the singer, model and radio program director/producer Svanhildur Jakobsdóttir. She was trained in piano, guitar and cello. She performed on Iceland television numerous times before her 1996 Eurovision appearance where she represented Iceland with the song "Sjúbídú", which she co-wrote with her father.
Following her Eurovision appearance, she toured worldwide with the singer Julio Iglesias for three years. In 2006, she co-wrote and performed three songs with C.J. Vanston for the film For Your Consideration.
In 2009, she released a CD, The Shadow Of Your Smile, containing a mix of Icelandic songs and jazz standards. The CD included a number of notable musicians including Vinnie Colaiuta, Dave Carpenter, Don Grusin, Neil Stubenhaus and Luis Conte, and was voted one of the top 5 female vocal jazz CDs of 2009 at Arnaldo DeSouteiro's Jazz Station. In 2009, Mjöll was voted one of the top 5 jazz singers of the year by DeSouteiro's Jazz Station.
In 2010, she released her first solo Christmas CD, Christmas JaZZmaZ. The CD has original arrangements by Ólafur Gaukur and musicians including Vinnie Colaiuta, Luis Conte, Ólafur Gaukur, Don Grusin, Dave Carpenter and Charlie Bisharat, and was voted one of the top 10 female vocal jazz CDs of 2010 at Arnaldo DeSouteiro's Jazz Station. In 2010, Mjöll was voted one of the 10 best female jazz singers of the year by DeSouteiro's Jazz Station, and Christmas JaZZmaZ was voted Christmas CD of the Year.
- Official website
- Biography From 1996 Eurovision Appearance, esctoday.com; accessed 26 October 2014.
- IMDB Soundtrack Information - "For Your Consideration", imdb.com; accessed 26 October 2014.
- Sample audio for Anna Mjöll, icelandicmusic.com; accessed 26 October 2014.
- CD Baby - "The Shadow Of Your Smile"
- CD Baby - "Christmas Jazzmaz"
- Arnaldo DeSouteiro's Jazz Station on Anna Mjöll
- Christmas Jazzmaz 2010 - Arnaldo DeSouteiro's Jazz Station - Best Jazz of 2010
- 1996 Eurovision live performance of "Sjúbídú"
- Music Video for "Sjúbídú"
- Live TV Performance - "I Fall In Love Too Easily"
|This Icelandic biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|