Mouglalis in 2012
April 26, 1978 |
Nantes, Loire-Atlantique, France
Anna Mouglalis (born April 26, 1978) is a French actress.
Life and career
Mouglalis was born in Nantes, Loire-Atlantique, to a French mother and Greek father. She spent her youth in the Var département, before moving back to Nantes with her family. Her father is a doctor and her mother is a masseuse.
Until 2001 Mouglalis studied at the Conservatoire National Supérieur d'Art Dramatique de Paris (CNSAD) under the direction of Daniel Mesguich. In addition to her native French, she speaks fluent English, Italian, and Spanish, and understands Greek to a limited extent.
In 1997, she had begun an acting career in La Nuit du Titanic, played in Paris. In the same year she was chosen by Francis Girod for the film Terminal. In 2000 she co-starred with Isabelle Huppert in Claude Chabrol's Merci pour le chocolat. After appearing in Novo (2002) by Jean Pierre Limosin, she was cast by Roberto Andò for the thriller Sotto falso nome. In 2003, she played in La Maladie de la mort, a film in black and white by first-time director Asa Mader, which previewed at the Venice Film Festival. In this same year, she co-starred in a Greek film, called Real Life (Alithini Zoi), directed by Panos Koutras. In 2005 she took part in two Italian movies: Romanzo criminale, directed by Michele Placido, and Mare buio, where she was featured alongside Luigi Lo Cascio.
In a TV movie called Les Amants du Flore and directed by Ilan Duran Cohen, Mouglalis played Simone de Beauvoir, with Jean-Paul Sartre played by co-star Lorànt Deutsch. Together they had a great public and critical triumph. Critics praised their portrayals of these literary figures, showing their romance and the birth of their careers.
Along with her career as an actress, Mouglalis began a successful modelling career. In 2002 she was chosen by Karl Lagerfeld for the ad campaign for the Amateur Allure de Chanel perfume. He uses her as one of his "muses," promoting Chanel bags, fine jewelry, and watches.
- Terminale (1998)
- De l'histoire ancienne (2000)
- La captive (The Captive, 2000)
- Merci pour le chocolat (Nightcap, 2001)
- La Vie nouvelle (A New Life, 2002)
- Novo (2002)
- Le loup de la côte ouest (The Wolf of the West coast, 2002)
- Un an (2002)
- En jouant dans la compagnie des hommes (Playing 'In the Company of Men', 2003)
- Le Rôle de sa vie (2003)
- La Maladie de la mort (The Malady of Death, 2003)
- Sotto falso nome / Le prix du désir (Strange Crime, 2003)
- Alithini zoi (Real life) (2004)
- Des mots d'amour (2004)
- En attendant le déluge (After We're Gone, 2004)
- Romanzo criminale (Crime Novel, 2005)
- Mare nero (The Dark Sea, 2006)
- J'ai toujours rêvé d'être un gangster (2007)
- Coco Chanel & Igor Stravinsky (2009) as Coco Chanel
- Gainsbourg (Vie héroïque) (2010) as Juliette Gréco
- Kiss of the Damned (2013) as Xenia
- La Jalousie (2013)
- Il giovane favoloso (2014)
- X Femmes (2009), Season 2, Episode 4. Director
- Rees, Jasper (March 29, 2009). "The Sunday Times: Audrey Tautou and Anna Mouglalis star as Coco Chanel". The Sunday Times (London). Retrieved April 25, 2010.
- "Festival de Cannes: Coco Chanel & Igor Stravinsky". festival-cannes.com. Retrieved 2009-05-15.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Anna Mouglalis.|