Anna Murdoch Mann
Anna (Torv Murdoch) Mann (born 1944) is a Scottish journalist and author.
Anna Torv was born in Glasgow, Scotland in 1944. Her father was Jacob Tõrv, an Estonian-born merchant seaman and her mother, Sylvia Braida, a Scottish drycleaner. Her parents had a drycleaning business in Glasgow, until they emigrated to Australia. When they opened a picnic park outside Sydney and it went bankrupt, her mother left the family household. She has two brothers and one sister. She went to a Sisters of Mercy School.
When they divorced in 1999, she reportedly received $1.7 billion (including $110 million in cash) from the settlement. She remarried six months later, to William Mann, a financier. They reside in The Hamptons, in a house formerly owned by philanthropist Yasmin Aga Khan (born 1949).
- In Her Own Image (1986)
- Family Business (1988)
- Coming to Terms (1992)
- Megan Willett, Here's What Happened The Last Time Rupert Murdoch Got Divorced, Business Insider, June 14, 2013
- David Leser, Anna and her kingdom, Australian Women's Weekly, February 2000
- The loves, lusts and passions of Rupert Murdoch, The Daily Telegraph, July 15, 2011
- Nathalie Tadena and Momo Zhou, Divorce Has a Hefty Price Tag for Celebrities, Billionaires, ABC News, August 20, 2009
- Ken Auletta, Rupert Murdoch Wants A Divorce, The New Yorker, June 13, 2013
|This Scottish biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|