|Birth name||Anna Vladimirovna Sedokova
Анна Владимировна Седокова
16 December 1982 |
Kiev, Ukrainian SSR, Soviet Union (now Ukraine)
|Occupation(s)||Singer, Actress, Presenter|
|Years active||2002–2004 (group)
|Associated acts||Verka Serduchka (2002–2004), Valeriy Meladze (2002–2004), Timati (2006–present), Nu Virgos (2002–2004)|
Anna Sedokova (Russian: Анна Владимировна Седокова, Ukrainian: Анна Володимирівна Сєдокова) is a Ukrainian singer, actress, TV host, and writer from Ukraine.Member of the group of gold ViaGra.In 2004-06 Sedokova was married to Belorussian-Ukrainian footballer Valentin Belkevich. After that,in 2011 she was married to businessman Maxim Shevchenko. Now she lives in Los Angeles with her two daughters.
Anna Sedokova's parents moved from Tomsk, Russia and divorced when she was young. She was born in Kiev. She developed a childhood interest in music and dance, and she entered The National Culture & Art University of Ukraine when she was 17. Her first TV project was work as a news anchor for the music TV channel, O-TV. By the age of 18 she had worked in three TV programs: NEWS BLOK, Fashionable Life, and The Big Sunday News Digest. In 2001 she passed an audition for the morning show Podjem (“Waking up”), which had the highest ratings in the country, on Novyi Kanal (New Channel). At the same time, she continued her studies at the university.
Between 2002 and 2004 she was a member of the Nu Virgos pop group.
She appeared in a movie titled Cinderella and another based on a Gogol book, which was called The Evenings on the Homestead. Her 2006 role in The Tunguska Meteorite was a turning-point and in 2008 she acted in The Power of Attraction. Her most recent movie is Pregnant.
Sedokova has also started a solo-singer career. Her first video for the song “My Heart” reached the top of the charts and gained her an “Audience Appreciation” Award at the “5 STARS“ Sotchi Music Festival. Afterwards, she did a video for her song "The Very Best Girl" and "I Am Getting Used". Both videos were huge hits in Russia and Ukraine. But TV wouldn't let Sedokova go. "TVStar Superstar", the most expensive show in the country's history, went on air on the "Ukraine" Channel in 2008. Every Sunday Sedokova was in the live broadcast of a 3-hour show with 400 participants.
In 2009 Sedokova was named the best TV Host of the country by "Elle" magazine. Sedokova's TV career developed - she became one of the faces of First Channel, the biggest Russian-speaking channel in the world. She also became a host of the show 'King of the Ring'. Besides, Sedokova hosted "The New Songs About the Most Essential Thing" - a big live concert in which the best 50 performers of the country participated. She also took part at 'Two Stars' and 'Stars on Ice' shows and entertained the public with a well received creative performance. These projects attracted tens of millions of viewers and became the highest rated shows on Russian TV.
In 2011, Sedokova has become the face of "Project Runway Russia". Same year, “Pregnant”, movie with Sedokova as a lead actress, had a great success. Sedokova’s first book “'The Art of Seduction” is still a bestseller in Russia. The theme of this book should be of no surprise to her audience – several years in a row Sedokova remains receiver of 'Sexiest Female Award' as well as “Most beloved star” award (given to a star popular with all generations and both genders). She was also named 'The Most Desirable Female Performer’ in Russia.
- Parents: Svetlana Sedokova and Vladimir Sedokov
- Brother: Maxim Sedokov
- 1st husband: Valentin Belkevich (m. 23 June 2004 – 2006)
- 1st daughter: Alina Valentinovna (born 8 December 2004)
- 2nd husband: Maxim Shevchenko (m. 11 February 2011)
- 2nd daughter: Monica (born 24 July 2011)
- as member of the group Nu Virgos
- 2002: Stop! Stop! Stop! (Russian version)
- 2002: Good morning, daddy! (Russian version)
- 2003: Don't Ever Leave Me Love (Russian version)
- 2003: Don't Ever Leave Me Love
- 2003: Kill My Girlfriend (Russian version)
- 2003: Till The Morning Light
- 2003: Till The Morning Light (Russian veraion)
- 2003: Ocean And Three Rivers
- 2003: Stop! Stop! Stop!
- 2004: There Is No More Attraction
- as Soloist
- 2006: My Heart
- 2007: The Best Girl
- 2008: Get used to it
- 2010: Cold Heart (with Dzhigan)
- 2010: Drama
- 2010: Jealousy
- 2011: Cosmos
- 2012: What have I done
- 2013: Между нами кайф
- 2014: Сердце в бинтах
- 2014: Дотронься
- as member of the group Nu Virgos
- 2010: The Art of Seduction (Исскуство соблазнения, Iskusstvo soblazneniya)
- Cinderella, 2003
- The Evenings On the Homestead, 2004
- Tunguska Meteorite, 2007
- The Power of Attraction, 2008
- Pregnant, 2011 (Box Office Record in Russia in 2011)
- Pop lackeys..., Den (5 June 2014)
- Biography for Anna Sedokova from the Internet Movie Database (English)
- Анна Седокова и Максим Шевченко (Russian)