Anna Ternheim in 2009
|Birth name||Anna Alexandra Ternheim|
31 May 1978 |
|Genres||Anti-folk, Alternative, Indie rock, Acoustic, Blues, Country|
|Instruments||Vocals, guitar, piano|
Anna Ternheim (born 31 May 1978) is a Swedish singer-songwriter who performs in English.
Ternheim was born 31 May 1978 in Stockholm, Sweden. When she was 10 years old she began playing the guitar, writing songs and performing. During a year abroad in Atlanta, Georgia, Anna created her first band "Sova", playing at smaller festivals and local clubs. Back in Stockholm she continued her song writing and later in Lausanne, Switzerland where she was performing while studying French.
She released her debut album Somebody Outside in 2004. The Swedish Grammy jury awarded her the Best Newcomer of the Year award, and she was nominated for Best Female Artist, Best Lyricist and Best Songwriter in 2005. She also won the P3 Gold award for Best Newcomer 2004.
For her second album, Separation Road released on 27 September 2006, she was awarded Best Female Artist and Best Lyricist by the Swedish Grammy jury. Again she was nominated for Best Songwriter and Best Album. She received the award for Best Female Artist at the Swedish National Radio's P3 Gold Awards the same year.
Her debut US album, Halfway to Fivepoints, was released on 22 April 2008.
In 2010 her song "My Heart Still Beats for You" featured on season 7 of The CW's One Tree Hill. Her song "What Have I Done" was featured on the popular drama series "Grey's Anatomy".
The Ternheim song "Quiet Night" was used in the second series of the Swedish version of Wallander starring Krister Henriksson. On 18 December 2009, her song "No, I Don't Remember" was featured on an episode of Dollhouse entitled "The Attic". This song was featured in July 2010 on a new DLC episode, for the Xbox 360 videogame Alan Wake, entitled "The Signal". The songs "Off the Road" and "Words of Love" also featured in the videogame Silent Hill: Downpour.
A new album, The Night Visitor, was released in Autumn 2011.
- 1996 - Sova
- 2003 - Anna Ternheim - demo
- 2004 - I'll Follow You Tonight
- 2004 - To Be Gone
- 2005 - My Secret
- 2005 - Shoreline
- 2007 - Lovers Dream & More Music for Psychotic Lovers
- 2007 - Anna Ternheim
- 2008 - Halfway to Fivepoints (US only)
- 2004 - "To Be Gone"
- 2005 - "My Secret"
- 2006 - "Girl Laying Down"
- 2007 - "Today Is a Good Day"
- 2008 - "What Have I Done"
- 2009 - "Escape Into My Arms"
- 2009 - "Make It On My Own"
-  Anna Ternheim Biography
- Reges, Margaret. "Biography: Anna Ternheim". Allmusic. Retrieved 15 April 2010.
- "Anna Ternheim's Charts - Last.fm: Anna Ternheim". CBS Interactive Music Group. Retrieved 18 August 2010.
- "Best female artist & Album of the year, Grammy Awards". Anna Ternheim. Archived from the original on 12 August 2010. Retrieved 18 August 2010.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Anna Ternheim.|