Anna Charmichael Torv (born 15 June 1979) is an Australian actress known for her role as FBI agent Olivia Dunham on the Fox television series Fringe (2008-2013).
Personal life 
Anna Torv was born in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia to Susan and Hans Torv and grew up on the Hinterlands of the Gold Coast, Queensland. Anna's father is of Estonian descent, but was born in Stirling, Scotland. She is of Scottish descent on her mother's side. Torv has been estranged from her father since the age of 8. She has a younger brother named Dylan. Her paternal aunt is writer Anna Maria Torv Murdoch Mann, who was married for 31 years to billionaire media mogul Rupert Murdoch.
In December 2008, Torv married her Fringe co-star Mark Valley. They separated after one year of marriage.
Torv graduated from Benowa State High School in 1996. She graduated from Australia's National Institute of Dramatic Art (NIDA) with a degree in Performing Arts in 2001.
Torv (right) and Joshua Jackson
(left) at the Fringe
panel during Comic-Con in 2010
Acting career 
In 2004, Torv joined the cast of Australia's acclaimed television drama The Secret Life of Us playing Nikki Martel.
Torv appeared in the BBC series Mistresses. She also played the voice and performed motion capture of the main character Nariko in the 2007 video game Heavenly Sword.
From 2008 to 2013, Torv played Olivia Dunham in the American television series Fringe. She received an Australians in Film Breakthrough award in 2009. Torv appeared as Virginia Grey on HBO's mini-series The Pacific. She also won the 2010 Saturn Award for the Best Television actress. Torv also recently played a role in a CollegeHumor Original video as a tyrannical traffic cop.
Notable awards and nominations 
See also 
- ^ http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1396022/
- ^ "Scrapbook: Stylemakers' Memories".
- ^ "Torv takes lead role in Abrams' drama".
- ^ Lynch, Marissa. Anna's star on the rise, Gold Coast Bulletin, 19 September 2008. Accessed 15 October 2010.
- ^ Australian Television: Anna Torv profile
- ^ "Aussie actress Anna Torv is busy keeping secrets on Fringe"
- ^ "Anna Torv on the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson 4/7/10 " at Youtube
- ^ a b c "Torv is her own mistress", Sydney Morning Herald
- ^ Dos Santos, Kristin. "Fringe Stars Anna Torv and Mark Valley Married!" E! Online, 2 February 2009.
- ^ Jordan, Julie. Anna Torv and Mark Valley Split, People, 9 April 2010. Accessed 15 October 2010.
- ^ Perth Now article on Torv
- ^ Fussman, Cal. Anna Torv Is a Woman We Love, Esquire, 8 February 2010. Accessed 15 October 2010.
- ^ ""Anna Torv Is Nothing Like the Character She Plays on ',Fringe'," (interview)". Thetorchonline.com. Retrieved 2 June 2011.
- ^ Woman, The (25 June 2010). "2010 Saturn Award Winners". Dreadcentral.com. Retrieved 2 June 2011.
- ^ "Can I Give You A Ticket? (With Anna Torv)". 21 November 2011. Retrieved 12 May 2012.
External links