|Born||Sonia Annabel Shand
2 February 1949
|Occupation||Interior designer, antiques dealer|
|Spouse(s)||Simon Elliot (1972–present)|
|Parents||Major Bruce Shand
The Hon. Rosalind Maud Cubitt
|Relatives||Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall (sister)
Mark Shand (brother)
Sonia Rosemary Keppel (maternal grandmother)
Roland Cubitt, 3rd Baron Ashcombe (maternal grandfather)
Sir William Elliot (father-in-law)
Edith Marguerite Harrington (paternal grandmother)
Philip Morton Shand (paternal grandfather)
Elliot is the daughter of Major Bruce Shand and his wife, the Hon. Rosalind Maud Cubitt, daughter of the 3rd Baron Ashcombe and Sonia Rosemary Keppel. Her elder sister is Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall and her brother was travel writer Mark Shand. Elliot went to Florence, Italy to study art.
Elliot has been employed by her brother-in-law Prince Charles. She began renovating the Duchy of Cornwall estates. She has designed the interior of 12 Duchy of Cornwalls cottages on the Isles of Scilly, holiday cottages at Restormel Castle and has also performed work on Prince Charles’s estate Llwynywermod in Wales. In 2011, Elliot renovated Bovey Castle Hotel in Devon and received recognition and positive feedback as an interior designer. Bovey Castle Hotel made the 2011 Gold List as one of the world's best places to stay. The same year she helped furnish the new sustainable building of The Duchy Nursery in Lostwithiel. Elliot furnished Dumfries Lodge House in Ayrshire, Scotland which was opened for business by Prince Charles in 2012. Elliot also furnished the Highgrove House Shops, which sells products for home and garden.
Elliot has been a patron of British Association for Adoption and Fostering (BAAF) since 2005, she cites her mother Rosalind, who worked for an adoption agency, for influencing her to support the charity. She is also a life member and patron of the Elephant Family, which her brother Mark was chairman until his death in 2014.
|Ancestors of Annabel Elliot|
- "Sonia Annabel Shand Elliot". Ancientfaces.com. Retrieved 24 September 2013.
- "Annabel Elliot". Tatler. Retrieved 19 December 2014.
- "Sonia Annabel Shand". Stanford.edu. Retrieved 24 September 2013.
- "Sonia Annabel Shand". The Peerage. Retrieved 24 September 2013.
- Pierce, Andrew (4 July 2008). "The Prince of Wales last year paid the Duchess of Cornwall's sister for interior design work". The Daily Telegraph (London). Retrieved 24 September 2013.
- "Annabelle Elliot and Camilla". London: Daily Mail. 5 July 2008. Retrieved 24 September 2013.
- "Annabel Elliot, Interior designer". Duchy of Cornwall Nursery. Retrieved 5 October 2013.
- "Spotlight on...Bovey Castle". 2 April 2013. Retrieved 25 October 2013.
- "The Gold List 2011". Cntraveler.com. Retrieved 25 October 2013.
- "Charles and Camilla launch new nursery". Cornish Guardian. 20 July 2011. Retrieved 26 September 2014.
- "Dumfries Lodge House". Furtherafield.com. Retrieved 25 October 2013.
- "The English Home team at Highgrove". theenglishhome.co.uk. 8 April 2014. Retrieved 26 September 2014.
- "Why are these Britain's most influential female designers?". The Daily Telegraph. 8 July 2014. Retrieved 27 September 2014.
- "Who we are: President and Patrons". baaf.org.uk. Retrieved 26 September 2014.
- "Hon Life Patrons". elephantfamily.org. Retrieved 26 September 2014.