Annada Government High School
|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find links tool for suggestions. (April 2011)|
|Annada Government High School|
|Number of students||Above 2,000|
|Campus||Urban, 5 acres (20,000 m2)|
Annada Government High School (Bengali: অন্নদা সরকারী উচ্চ বিদ্যালয় ) is a government secondary school for boys in the district of Brahmanbaria, Bangladesh. The school was named after Raja Roy Bahadur Annada Prashad Roy who was a landlord of Kolkata. The school operates under the Education Board Comilla.
The school lies in the heart of Brahmanbaria town. It is the biggest and the oldest school in Brahmanbaria district having a field, a school hostel and a gymnasium.
It was 1860 when the school came into existence with the name of Aided Anglo Vernacular School. When the necessity was felt to upgrade it to a high school, Annada Prasad Roy Bahadur (landlord of Kolkata) of Cassimbazar and respectable zamindar of Sarail estate undertook the responsibility for the development of the school in 1875.
The founding headmaster was Babu Jogesh Chandra Sarker. Afterwards, many headmasters like Babu Binode Bihary Deb, Babu Kshintin Kukharjee, Babu Mahin Chandra Paul, Mahibullah and Nurul Huda have held the chair of the headmaster.
The school was nationalised on May 1, 1968. Annada Govt. High School is the biggest school in Bangladesh in Place & Areas. S.S.C 2000 batch had arranged a remarkable RE-UNION on 27-10-12 and that occasion was historical.
On February 2009, Mrs.Farida Nazmeen joined as a headmaster.
- Babu Binode Bihari stood first in the matriculation examination held under the University of Calcutta.
- Dr. Wahiduddin Mahmud, an economist and a past member of the Caretaker government
- Sanaul Haque, a poet and former secretary
- Mohammad Harun ur Rashid, former professor and head of the Department of English, Jahangirnagar University
- Advocate Humayun Kabir, former state minister for health
- Al Mahmud, a notable poet
- Md. Sabbir Ahmed Khan. Squadron Leader of Bangladesh Air Force.
- Md. Shihab Uddin Khan. Associate Professor of BIBM Dhaka.
- Md. Bahauddin Khan. RSM in RAK Pharmeuticals.
- Md. Shahzaib Khan. Filmmaker, Producer, Director
- Md. Jehad Uddin, Stood First in the Secondary School Certificate Examination in 1991 under Comilla Board