|This article relies on references to primary sources. (March 2008)|
|Cumann Lúthchleas Gael Abhainn an Scáil|
|Club colours:||Blue & White|
|Grounds:||Paddy Kennedy Memorial Park|
Annascaul GAA Club (Irish: Cumann Lúthchleas Gael Abhainn an Scáil ) is a Gaelic Athletic Association club that plays Gaelic football and is based in Annascaul, County Kerry, Ireland. They play in Division 2 of the County Football League and in the County Intermediate Football Championship. Annascaul is formed by three communities- Annascaul, Inch and Camp. Camp has the proud distinction of having the most All-Ireland medals per head of population of any village in Ireland. There are reports of Hurling being played in the area during the early part of the 20th century.
- 1 History
- 2 Roll of honour
- 3 Kerry Intermediate Football Championship
- 4 Kerry Junior Football Championship
- 5 Kerry Senior Football Championship
- 6 Munster Intermediate Club Football Championship
- 7 Munster Junior Club Football Championship
- 8 West Kerry Senior Football Championship
- 9 County Club Champions
- 10 Inter-County players
- 11 Famous players
- 12 External links
The Annascaul team was set up in the early 1920s and it has had much success over the years; the most recent coming between 1981 and 1993 when the club won three County Intermediate Football Championship, one County League Division 1, four West Kerry Senior Football Championship, and one County Club Championship. The club played in one County Championship final, one County Intermediate Football Championship, and two West Kerry Senior Football Championship finals.
Since 2000, the club has won the County Junior Championship, County Intermediate Football Championship, Munster Intermediate Club Football Championship, County League Division 2, a West Kerry Senior Football Championship and two West Kerry Leagues. They have also played in two other County Intermediate Football Championship Finals, one West Kerry Senior Football Championship Final, two West Kerry League Finals, two West Kerry Minor Championship Finals, and one Munster Junior Club Football Championship Final.
In 1993, the club played in the Kerry Senior Football Championship for the first time and made it to the final, where shorn of many of their star players due to injury, lost out to Laune Rangers. There were some notable wins along the way, including a first round win over then holders Mid Kerry and over locals West Kerry in the semi-final.
The club was the first in the county to have a weekly lottery.
The club's home ground is named after Paddy Kennedy who played for Kerry in the 1930s and 1940s. Regarded by many as one of the all-time greats of Kerry football, he was captain of the 1946 All-Ireland winning team. The pitch was opened in 1984; the first game played there was between Kerry and Dublin. Since then, there have been many West Kerry League championship games and finals played there by all age groups as well as many County League championships. In 2003, the Munster Ladies Minor Football Championship final between Kerry and Cork was played there. In 2008, a round of the Ladies National League was played between Kerry and Mayo
Roll of honour
- Senior Football Championship(Runners Up):1993
- Munster Intermediate Club Football Championship: 2007
- Kerry Intermediate Football Championship:1982, 1987, 1992, 2007
- Kerry Junior Football Championship: 1979, 2003
- County Club Champions: 1989
- Kerry County Football League - Division 1: 1991
- County League Division 2: 2003
- County League Division 3: 1976
- West Kerry Senior Football Championship: 1957, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1992, 2009
- U14 County League Division 5 2012, 2013.
- U14 West Kerry League Champions 2012, 2013.
Kerry Intermediate Football Championship
Annascaul has won the Kerry Intermediate Football Championship four times and were losing finalists three times.
Annascaul has won the Kerry Junior Football Championship twice.
Annascaul has played in one Kerry Senior Football Championship final.
Annascaul has won one Munster Intermediate Club Football Championship.
Annascaul has played in one Munster Junior Club Football Championship final.
Annascaul has won the West Kerry Senior Football Championship six times and played in eight other finals.
Annascaul has won one County Club Championship.
- Tommy Doyle: Vocational Minor, U21, Senior
- Paddy Kenndy: Minor, Senior
- Bingo O'Driscoll: U21, Senior(Kerry), Senior(New York)