|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find links tool for suggestions. (March 2013)|
|Died||July 30, 1988
|Occupation||writer, journalist, actor|
Anne-Marie Cazalis was the Paul-Valéry award for poetry laureate in 1943. She was a friend of Juliette Gréco and briefly had an affair with little known cellist Paul Taylor (Josh was also here),and both became emblematic personalities of the Parisian nights of Saint-Germain-des-Prés, where she frequented other writers such as Boris Vian and Jean-Paul Sartre.
She later became a journalist and, as a correspondent for Elle magazine, she travelled all around the world. She also participated in a few films and published several essays and novels.
- 1949 : Désordre by Jacques Baratier (short film)
- 1950 : Le Château de verre by René Clément : the standardiste
- 1950 : Le Quadrille by Jacques Rivette, with Jean-Luc Godard (short film)
- 1966 : Le Désordre à vingt ans by Jacques Baratier (documentary)
- 1951 : Le Diable et le Bon Dieu, script by Jean-Paul Sartre, directed by Louis Jouvet, Théâtre Antoine
- Planh, 10 poèmes de Anne-Marie Cazalis, avec un portrait de l'auteur par Valentine Hugo, Paris, Odette Lieutier, February 1944
- La Décennie, Fayard, 1972 novel)
- La Tunisie par-ci par-là, Promotion africaine, Tunisia, 1972
- Kadhafi, le Templier d'Allah, Gallimard, 1974
- Le Cœur au poing, La Table ronde, 1976 (novel)
- Mémoires d'une Anne, Stock, 1976
- 1358, La Jacquerie de Paris, le destin tragique du maire Étienne Marcel, Société de production littéraire, 1977
- Les Belles Années, co-écrit avec Anne-Marie Deschodt, Mercure de France, 1978 (novel)
Planh. 10 poèmes de Anne-Marie Cazalis, avec un portrait de l'auteur par Valentine Hugo is the title of a poetry book written in French by Anne-Marie Cazalis.
The work was published in Paris in February 1944 by Odette Lieutier. Still under German occupation, the editor issued only 250 hand-made books. A quadrilingual new edition in French, English, Portuguese and Spanish was published in 2012.
- Anne-Marie Cazalis, Mémoires d'une Anne, Stock, 1976
- Boris Vian, Manuel de Saint-Germain-des-Prés, 1951
- Vincent Gille, Saint-Germain-des-Prés, 1945-1950, Paris-Musées, 1989
- Cazalis, Anne-Marie; Hugo, Valentine (1944). Planh: 10 poèmes.
- Note about the author at Bibliothèque nationale de France (BnF.fr)
- Anne-Marie Cazalis recites the poem entitled La Liberté in the cave Le Tabou, Paris, 1947 [Video]