Anne-Mie van Kerckhoven (born 5 December 1951) is a Belgian artist whose work involves painting, drawing, computer art and video art.
Anne-Mie van Kerckhoven (also known as AMVK) was born in Antwerpen and lives in Antwerpen and Berlin.
In 1981 she founded the noise band Club Moral with Danny Devos.
Since 1982 she is represented by Zeno X Gallery in Antwerpen, Belgium. And since 1999 also by Galerie Barbara Thumm in Berlin.
In 2003 she was awarded the Flanders' Prize for Visual Arts 
In 2005 the HeadNurse-files was published. By means of installation shots, film stills and artistic images, this book present an overview of the projects' development from 1995 to 2004 and possibly beyond.
In 2006 she was awarded a DAAD stipendium to spend one year in Berlin (DAAD Berlin).
Life and work 
Anne-Mie van Kerckhoven has been fascinated for a long time with the representation in the mass media of images of women, of interiors, of the kinetic powers of any kind of language. She investigates supra-moral connections in contemporary society s.a. between sex and technology. Her work connects different knowledge systems, explores the areas of the unconscious, and looks at moral aberrations or the obscene from a female point of view.
Since 2005 she is working on a conceptual and pictorial trialogue between the mystic Marguerite Porete, the hermetic Giordano Bruno and the philosopher Herbert Marcuse.
Solo exhibitions (selection) 
Group exhibitions (selection) 
- ^ "Prijs van de Vlaamse Gemeenschap voor Beeldende Kunst 2003". Cultuurnet Vlaanderen. 23 March 2004.
- ^ Patrick Van Rossem (Ed.) 2005 The HeadNurse-files. objectif_exhibitions, Antwerpen (B), the NeuerAachenerKunstverein (D) and the Kunsthalle Bern (CH). ISBN 90-808493-3-2
- ^ "AMVK-EZFK Anne-Mie van Kerckhoven - Europaisches Zentrum fur Futuristische Kunst". e-flux. 25 January 2005.
- Van Kerckhoven, Anne-Mie (1993). Paradogma. Maldoror, 's Gravenhage. ISBN 90-5168-051-1.
- Van de Sompel (ed), Ronald; Koen Raes, Filip Luyckx (1999). Beauty, therapeutic use of. M_HKA, Antwerpen.
External links