Anne Arundel Calvert
Arundel Castle, Arundel,
West Sussex, England
|Died||July 23, 1649
|Spouse(s)||Cecilius Calvert, 2nd Baron Baltimore|
|Relations||Benedict Calvert, 4th Baron Baltimore (grandson)|
|Children||Charles Calvert, 3rd Baron Baltimore|
Anne Calvert, Baroness Baltimore (née Hon. Anne Arundell) (1615 or c. 1616 – July 23, 1649) was an English noblewoman, daughter of Thomas Arundell, 1st Baron Arundell of Wardour by second wife Anne Philipson, and wife of Lord Baltimore, who founded the Province of Maryland colony. Anne Arundel County in Maryland, USA, was named for her. USS Anne Arundel was in turn named after the county.
According to Gibbs, she is said to have been a most beautiful and accomplished woman.
Of her nine children with Lord Baltimore, three survived to adulthood.
- Charles Calvert, 3rd Baron Baltimore
- Hon. Cecil Calvert.
- Hon. George Calvert (b. 15 Sep 1634, d. Jun 1636)
- Hon. Georgiana Calvert (b. Aug 1629)
- Hon. Mary Calvert (b. 18 Jul 1630)
- Hon. Anne Calvert (b. 9 Oct 1636; d. 6 May 1661)
- Hon. Mary Calvert (b. 30 Nov 1638; d. on or bef. 24 Sep 1671)
- Hon. Elizabeth Calvert (b. c. 1642; d. 16 Jan 1712)
- Hon. Frances Calvert.
- G.E. Cokayne; with Vicary Gibbs, H.A. Doubleday, Geoffrey H. White, Duncan Warrand and Lord Howard de Walden, editors, The Complete Peerage of England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain and the United Kingdom, Extant, Extinct or Dormant, new ed., 13 volumes in 14 (1910-1959; reprint in 6 volumes, Gloucester, U.K.: Alan Sutton Publishing, 2000), volume I, page 394. retrieved from Lundy, Darryl. "p. 2614 § 26138". The Peerage.[unreliable source]
- L. G. Pine, The New Extinct Peerage 1884-1971: Containing Extinct, Abeyant, Dormant and Suspended Peerages With Genealogies and Arms (London, U.K.: Heraldry Today, 1972), page 9. retrieved from Lundy, Darryl. "p. 2614 § 26138". The Peerage.[unreliable source]
- Douglas Richardson, Kimball G. Everingham. Magna Carta ancestry: a study in colonial and medieval families. Genealogical Publishing Com, 2005. pg 169.
- George Edward Cokayne, editor, The Complete Baronetage, 5 volumes (no date (c. 1900); reprint, Gloucester, U.K.: Alan Sutton Publishing, 1983), volume II, page 188.
- Calvert Family Tree Retrieved Jul 10 2013