|Born||1956 (age 58–59)
|Occupation||Actress, writer, artist|
Anne Carlisle (born 1956) is an actress, performance artist, acting teacher, author, and model.
She is known for co-writing and playing both the lead female and male counterpart roles in the film Liquid Sky. She also played a minor role of "Victoria" in the 1985 Susan Seidelman film Desperately Seeking Susan, the transsexual "Gwendoline" in Crocodile Dundee and starred in an episode of TV series Miami Vice. Carlisle also adapted and wrote a novel version of her cult, new wave film Liquid Sky.
Liquid Sky 2
In 2014 in an interview with The Awl it was confirmed by Liquid Sky director Slava Tsukerman, a sequel, Liquid Sky 2, was in the works. Anne Carlisle would be returning in the sequel in the role of Margaret.
- New York Beat Movie (1981) (as Ann Carlyle) as Fashion Show Model
- Liquid Sky (1982) as Margaret and Jimmy
- Perfect Strangers (1984) as Sally
- Desperately Seeking Susan (1985) as Victoria
- Miami Vice as Lydia Sugarman (1 episode, 1986)
- Crocodile Dundee (1986) as Gwendoline
- The Suicide Club (1988) as Catherine
- Bum Rap (1988) as Grace
- High Score (1990) as Olympia
- "Anne Carlisle". The New York Times.
- Maslin, Janet (July 22, 1983). "'LIQUID SKY,' HIGH FASHION AND A U.F.O.". The New York Times.
- Kelly, Erica (September 20, 2012). "Story Notes for Crocodile Dundee". AMC.
- "Anne Carlisle". Science Fiction Encyclopedia.
- "Anne Carlisle". Playboy.
- Ramsay, James (February 18, 2014). "The "Liquid Sky" Sequel Is Coming: A Chat With The Director Of The Best Film About New York". The Awl.
|This article about a United States film actor or actress born in the 1950s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|