Anne Cleary, born in 1965 in Tullamore, Ireland, is an installation and video artist. She and her partner Denis Connolly, both architects by education, have developed an art practice centred on observer participation. Their work addresses a heterogeneous public, often involving collaboration with artists from other disciplines, in particular dancer, writers and musicians, and often reflecting on contemporary urban life. Their recent exhibitions include a 3 month show at the Centre Georges Pompidou in Paris. Recent publications include Moving Dublin, a book and DVD, published in April 2009 by Gandon Editions. They have been awarded the 2009 AIB Award for Irish artists of exceptional potential. They live together in Paris with their twin daughters.
- Centre Pompidou Pourquoi Pas toi? 15 October 2008 - 12 January 2009
- Circa 118 Review of Here There Now Then, LCGA, 2006.
- cityloops.net Moving Dublin Project Site.
- incontext In Context 3 Public Commission.
- connolly-cleary.com presenting videos, texts and photos by the artists.
- 2009 - Moving Dublin incl. DVD. Gandon Editions, Kinsale. ISBN 978-0-948037-69-6
- 2007 - Past and Presence incl. DVD. Gandon Editions, Kinsale. ISBN 978-0-948037-51-1
- 2009 - AIB Award for Irish artists of exceptional potential.
- 2005 - EV+A 2005 award.
- 2003 - Best Documentary Film Prize, Kerry Film Festival.
- 2000 - Moving Image Award, Cork Film Centre, Cork.
|This artist-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|