|Thesis||Computational Models of Games (1987)|
|Doctoral advisor||Richard Ladner|
|Notable awards||ACM Distinguished Dissertation
A. Nico Habermann Award
Anne Elizabeth Condon is an Irish-Canadian computer scientist, professor, and head of the UBC Computer Science Department. Her research focuses on computational complexity theory, dna computing, and bioinformatics. She has also held the NSERC/General Motors Canada Chair for Women in Science and Engineering from 2004 to 2009, and has worked to improve the success of women in the sciences and engineering.
Condon did her undergraduate studies at University College Cork, earning a bachelor's degree in 1982. She moved to the University of Washington for her graduate studies, receiving her doctorate in 1987 under the supervision of Richard Ladner. She then joined the faculty at the University of Wisconsin–Madison, and remained there until her 1999 move to UBC.
Awards and honors
Condon won an ACM Distinguished Dissertation award (honorable mention) for her thesis research. In 2010, the Association for Computing Machinery named her an ACM Fellow "for contributions to complexity theory and leadership in advancing women in computing". In the same year, she also won the A. Nico Habermann Award of the Computing Research Association for "long-standing and impactful service toward the goal of increasing the participation of women in computer science research." She is also a winner of the University College Cork Distinguished Alumna Award, the University of Washington CSE Alumni Achievement Award., and the 2012 University of Washington College of Engineering Diamond Award for Distinguished Achievement in Academia. She was the 2014 winner of the Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing Technical Leadership ABIE Award
- Anne Condon at the Mathematics Genealogy Project
- "Senior Technical Woman: Anne Condon, Professor and Head of the Department of Computer Science, University of British Columbia". Anita Borg Institute for Women and Technology. Retrieved 30 April 2012.
- Faculty web page, University of British Columbia, retrieved 2011-11-20.
- Who We Are: Anne Condon, Anita Borg Institute for Women and Technology, retrieved 2011-11-20.
- A. Nico Habermann Award 2010: Anne Condon, CRA, retrieved 2011-11-20.
- Anne Elizabeth Condon at the Mathematics Genealogy Project
- ACM Doctoral Dissertation Award
- ACM Names 41 Fellows from World's Leading Institutions: Many Innovations Made in Areas Critical to Global Competitiveness, ACM, December 7, 2010, retrieved 2011-11-20.
- Anne Condon, Jeremy Jaech win UW CSE Alumni Achievement Award, University of Washington, June 11, 2011, retrieved 2011-11-20.
- CRA 2010 A. Nico Habermann Award presented to Anne Condon, University of Washington, June 11, 2011, retrieved 2011-11-20.
- UCC Computer Science Alumnus wins Award 2001
- University of Washington College of Engineering Diamond Award 2012 Honorees, University of Washington College of Engineering, retrieved 2012-09-06.
- The Royal Society of Canada Class of 2012 New Fellows, The Royal Society of Canada, September 5, 2012, retrieved 2012-09-06.