|Born||Anne Mary Sibylla Abel Smith
28 July 1932
Kensington Palace, London
(m. 1957; div. 1981)
|Parents||Colonel Sir Henry Abel Smith
Lady May Abel Smith
Anne Mary Sibylla Liddell-Grainger (née Abel Smith; born 28 July 1932) is the mother of British politician Ian Liddell-Grainger. Her maternal grandparents were Alexander Cambridge, 1st Earl of Athlone and Princess Alice, Countess of Athlone.
She was born in Kensington Palace, the daughter of Colonel Sir Henry Abel Smith and Lady May Abel Smith (formerly Princess May of Teck). She married David Liddell-Grainger, a Scottish politician, on 14 December 1957 and they were divorced in 1981.
They had five children:
- Ian Richard Peregrine Liddell-Grainger (born 23 February 1959)
- Charles Montagu Liddell-Grainger (born 23 July 1960)
- Simon Rupert Liddell-Grainger (born 28 December 1962)
- Alice Mary Liddell-Grainger (born 3 March 1965)
- Malcolm Henry Liddell-Grainger (born 14 December 1967)
|Ancestors of Anne Liddell-Grainger|
- Sayid, Ruki. ""Meet Anne..she's a Brixton charity worker and the Queen's secret cousin.."". Daily Mirror.
|Lines of succession|
|Line of succession to the British throne
descended from Leopold, son of Victoria