Anne Marie Morris
|Anne Marie Morris
|Member of Parliament
for Newton Abbot
6 May 2010
|Preceded by||none (seat created)|
5 July 1957 |
London, United Kingdom
|Alma mater||Hertford College, Oxford|
Morris was born in 1957 and was educated at Bryanston School, Dorset. She then studied law at Oxford University, before pursuing a legal career. She later moved into the field of marketing, working for several firms, before setting up her own business. She also studied and gained an MBA from the Open University. Her move into politics came after her step-father suffered a heart attack and ended up on a trolley in a hospital corridor. It was this that brought about Morris's desire to campaign for change in the NHS.
West Sussex County Council
Member of Parliament
Morris was elected to the Seat of Newton Abbot in the 2010.
- External Links
May 2010 general election
Morris is actively interested in small businesses, and co-chairs the All-Party Parliamentary Group for Micro Businesses. In Newton Abbot she has established Teignbridge Business Buddies, a scheme that offers support to small businesses.
- "Who's Who". Ukwhoswho.com. Retrieved 2012-07-12.
- "Newton Abbot Academy Trust". Dellam Corporate Information. 1 August 2011. Retrieved 20 November 2012.
- "About Anne Marie Morris MP – Member of Parliament for Newton Abbot". annemariemorris.co.uk. Retrieved 2012-07-12.
- "ConservativeHome's Seats & Candidates blog: Anne-Marie Morris adopted for Newton Abbot". conservativehome.blogs.com. 2006-12-02. Retrieved 2012-07-12.
- "House of Commons - Register Of All-Party Groups as at 15 June 2012: Micro Businesses". Publications.parliament.uk. Retrieved 2012-07-12.
- [dead link]
|Parliament of the United Kingdom|
|Member of Parliament for Newton Abbot
|This article about a Conservative Member of the Parliament of the United Kingdom born in the 1950s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Member of the Parliament of the United Kingdom (since 1801), for an English constituency is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|