Rigney graduated from Athlone Institute of Technology, with a degree in art and design. She's a member of the Association of Artists in Ireland, and a co-founder of the professional art group Working Artists Roscommon.
Exhibitions & Events
- Kenny Gallery, Galway, Ireland
- Crossroads Symposium, Roscommon, Ireland
- Dyehouse Gallery, Waterford, Ireland
- documenta X Fringe, Kassel, Germany
- Roscommon Arts Centre, Roscommon, Ireland
- Basement Gallery, Dundalk, Ireland
- Wexford Arts Centre, Wexford, Ireland
- Celtic Links, Inverness, Scotland
- Mullingar Arts Centre, Westmeath, Ireland
- Jagiellonian University, Kraków, Poland
- US Embassy, Dublin, Ireland
- ICONS Festival, Boston, Massachusetts, US.
- Stay Gallery, Downey, Los Angeles, California, US.
Residencies, Awards & Recognition
Rigney has received several awards, including a residency at the Tyrone Guthrie Centre, an Artist in Schools residency, and an Artist in the Community residency. She has also received the travel award from the Arts Council for cultural events in Krakow. She's also participated in cultural exchanges in Scotland, Germany and Poland.
- "Roscommon Arts Centre Welcomes Anne Rigney's New Work". Broadway World. Retrieved April 25, 2014.
- "Dyehouse previous exhibitors: September, 1999: Anne Rigney".
- "New works by Anne Rigney to be displayed in August". Athlone Advertiser. Retrieved April 25, 2014.
- "Rigney showcases at Boston festival". Roscommon People. Retrieved April 25, 2014.
- Greg Yee. "Stay Gallery to host special exhibit by Irish artist Anne Rigney". Press-Telegram. Retrieved April 25, 2014.
- "Irish artist plans Downey exhibit". Downey Patriot. Retrieved April 25, 2014.
|This article about an Irish artist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|