Anne Sargent (November 18, 1923-July 23, 2007) was a film and stage actress from West Pittston, Pennsylvania who performed in theater under the direction of Alfred Lunt, in 1948–1950. She is perhaps best known for her role as Mrs. Halloran in the 1948 motion picture The Naked City.
In March 1949 Sargent was featured in a production of I Know My Love at the Biltmore Theatre, in Los Angeles, California, which starred Lunt and Lynn Fontanne. In July 1950 she was signed by Metro Goldwyn Mayer to act in Three Guys Named Mike.She played in a 'Bewitched' episode called A Strange Little Visitor
On television Sargent made a guest appearance on Perry Mason in 1958 as Eileen Harrison, wife of the title character, in "The Case of the Married Moonlighter."
Marriages and family
Sargent's first marriage was to Edmon Ryan, an actor with Warner Brothers. Sargent accompanied her second husband, Paul McGrath, to England in 1978. McGrath, the voice of Inner Sanctum Mysteries in the 1940s and early 1950s, died in his sleep while the couple were staying in London, England.
- Hedda Hopper, Los Angeles Times, July 27, 1950, pg. B10.
- Lunts Due at Biltmore March 28, Los Angeles Times, March 13, 1949, pg. D2.
- Naked City, Mark Hellinger's Final Film, at Capitol-Fitzgerald Heads Cast, Los Angeles Times, March 5, 1948, pg. 17.
- Lunt and Lynn Fontaine Finally Reach Fountain of Youth, Los Angeles Times, March 29, 1949, pg. 16.
- Drama, Los Angeles Times, June 26, 1950, pg. A7.
- Paul McGrath, Actor, Dead At 74; Host of Radio's Inner Sanctum, New York Times, April 14, 1978, pg. B2.
- Hilary Ryan Is Fiancee Of Adam Gregory Norton, New York Times, December 23, 1979, pg. 37.