Annie B. Bond
Annie B. Bond (formerly Annie Berthold-Bond) (born 1953) is a green-living advocate, author, editor, entrepreneur, and consultant. She lives in Rhinebeck, New York. She is currently the editor-in-chief of The Wellness Wire. She is also the founder of Terraspheres.com and ATrueFind.com. Bond has written five books on green living and was named "the foremost expert on green living" by Body & Soul magazine in 2009.
In 1980, Bond was poisoned by a gas leak at the restaurant she worked at that sent 80 people to the hospital, where she was diagnosed with permanent central nervous system damage. Her apartment building was soon after exterminated with a pesticide that was later taken off the market because it was neurotoxic. She was diagnosed with atypical manic depression. Bond was put in touch with Dr. Leo Galland, one of the first environmental medicine MDs, who diagnosed her with organophosphate pesticide poisoning and multiple chemical sensitivity (a controversial condition not widely recognised). Since then, Bond has made green living her career because of her perceived necessity of living without chemicals.
Bond is the author of five books on green living. Her first book, Clean and Green: The Complete Guide to Non-Toxic and Environmentally Safe Housekeeping, was published in 1990. It was a best seller.
Her second book, The Green Kitchen Handbook, which Meryl Streep wrote the foreword to, was published in 1997. Better Basics for the Home: Simple Solutions for Less Toxic Living, her third book, was published in 1999 and Home Enlightenment, her fourth book, was published in 2005.
In 2010, Annie B. Bond collaborated with Melissa Breyer and Wendy Gordon (foreword by Alice Waters) on her most recent book, True Food: Eight Simple Steps to a Healthier You. True Food was published by National Geographic and won the 2010 Gourmand Award as one of the Best Health and Nutrition Books in the Lifestyle, Body and World category.
Bond has been recognized as an expert in green living. In addition to her five books, Annie was the founder and editor-in-chief of “Green Alternatives for Health and the Environment” from 1989 to 1994. From 1994-1996, she was the editor-in-chief for “The Green Guide,” which was published by Mothers & Others for a Livable Planet and is now owned by National Geographic.
Between 2000 and 2008, Bond was the Executive Producer of Healthy and Green Living for Care2.com, where she authored over 4,000 blogs. Her newsletters reached 1.8 million subscribers.
Annie has also written blogs and articles for Gaiam, Intent, and Body & Soul, among others. She partnered with alternative medicine specialist Deepak Chopra on a featured blog for The Huffington Post. In 2007, Bond served as the spokesperson for Maid Brigaide, as well as serving as a consult for the company.
Chopra said of Bond, “Annie B. Bond offers a practical guide to create well-being for our home, our environment, and our planet. Follow her advice and both you and our planet will be healthier.”
Bond has now launched The True Find (www.thetruefind.com) for her Ask Annie B. column and other writings, as well as Bondify Media, a content marketing agency (www.bondifymedia.com).
- "Who We Are". The Wellness Wire. Retrieved 3 June 2013.
- Brownfield, Susan. "Interview With Green Living Expert, Annie B. Bond". The Natural Singer. Retrieved 3 June 2013.
- "A True Find". Annie B. Bond. Retrieved 3 June 2013.
- "Teachers: Annie B. Bond". eOmega. Retrieved 3 June 2013.
- "Maid Brigade Launches Certified Residential Green Cleaning Service". Franchise Wire. Retrieved 3 June 2013.
- Chua, Jasmin Malik. "The TH Interview: Annie B. Bond, Author and Healthy Living Expert". Tree Hugger. Retrieved 3 June 2013.
- Bond, Annie B. (2005). Home Enlightenment. United States of America: Holtzbrinck Publishers. pp. 6–7. ISBN 1-57954-811-3.
- Pitz, Marylynne (17 April 2007). "Clean and Green: Local cleaning companies rely on earth-friendly products". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette (Pittsburgh Post-Gazette). Retrieved 3 June 2013.
- Berthold-Bond, Lily. "The Adventures of Green Girl". Care2.com. Retrieved 3 June 2013.
- "Lily Berthold-Bond". MNN. Retrieved 3 June 2013.
- Berthold-Bond, Annie (1997). The Green Kitchen Handbook. New York, NY: HarperCollins. ISBN 0-06-095186-9.
- Berthold-Bond, Annie (1999). Better Basics for the Home. New York, NY: Three Rivers Press. ISBN 0-609-80325-5.
- Bond, Annie B. (2010). True Food. Washington, DC: National Geographic. ISBN 978-1-4262-0594-1.
- "GOURMAND AWARDS 2010 COOKBOOKS". Cook Book Fair. Retrieved 3 June 2013.
- "Consulting". Annie B. Bond. Retrieved 3 June 2013.
- "Green Festival Speakers". Green Festivals. Retrieved 3 June 2013.
- "Articles by: Annie B. Bond". Care2.com. Retrieved 3 June 2013.
- "Annie B. Bond". Huffington Post. Huffington Post. Retrieved 3 June 2013.
-  - Ask Annie B. and The True Find columns
-  Annie B. Bond -[ Personal Website]
-  - blog site
- Annie B. Bond - Profile at Care2.com