Annsville, New York
|Annsville, New York|
Location in Oneida County and the state of New York.
|• Type||Town Council|
|• Town Supervisor||Scott Leuenberger (D)|
|• Town Council|
|• Total||60.5 sq mi (156.6 km2)|
|• Land||60.2 sq mi (155.9 km2)|
|• Water||0.3 sq mi (0.7 km2)|
|Elevation||869 ft (265 m)|
|• Density||50/sq mi (19/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||0978683|
The Town of Annsville is in the northwest part of the county.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 60.5 square miles (157 km2), of which, 60.2 square miles (156 km2) of it is land and 0.3 square miles (0.78 km2) of it (0.48%) is water.
As of the census of 2000, there were 2,956 people, 1,061 households, and 790 families residing in the town. The population density was 49.1 people per square mile (19.0/km²). There were 1,144 housing units at an average density of 19.0 per square mile (7.3/km²). The racial makeup of the town was 96.75% White, 2.33% African American, 0.24% Native American, 0.07% Asian, 0.10% from other races, and 0.51% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.88% of the population.
There were 1,061 households out of which 38.8% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 57.4% were married couples living together, 9.9% had a female householder with no husband present, and 25.5% were non-families. 21.5% of all households were made up of individuals and 6.7% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.74 and the average family size was 3.16.
In the town the population was spread out with 29.8% under the age of 18, 7.4% from 18 to 24, 33.2% from 25 to 44, 20.6% from 45 to 64, and 9.0% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 34 years. For every 100 females there were 111.0 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 107.8 males.
The median income for a household in the town was $35,804, and the median income for a family was $42,841. Males had a median income of $30,000 versus $21,541 for females. The per capita income for the town was $15,012. About 8.7% of families and 12.4% of the population were below the poverty line, including 19.7% of those under age 18 and none of those age 65 or over.
Communities and locations in Annsville
- Blennes Corner – A location in the southwest part of the town.
- Blossvale – A hamlet near the south town line.
- Glenmore – A hamlet in the south central part of the town.
- McConnellsville – Home to Harden Furniture Co. one of the largest employers in town.
- Pine Hill – A location west of Taberg on Route 69.
- Taberg – A hamlet in the southeast part of the town on Route 69.
- Calvin Kingsley, (1812–1870), born in Annsville, became a bishop of the Methodist Episcopal Church.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Who Was Who in America, Historical Volume, 1607-1896. Chicago: Marquis Who's Who. 1963.
- History of Annsville, NY
- RW&O Railroad Station, Blossvale, NY
- 1907 RW&O Railroad Wreck, Blossvale, NY