Anoka Primrose Abeyrathne
|Anoka Primrose Abeyrathne|
Anoka with HE Kamlesh Sharma Commonwealth Secretariat
Wildlife Conservation, Ecology, Environmental Science
Human Resources Management
|Alma mater||Bishop's College
University of London
Sri Lanka Law College
Open University of Sri Lanka
|Occupation||Environmentalist, social entrepreneur, lawyer|
|Known for||Growin' Money|
|Awards||Commonwealth Youth Award
SAARC Youth Award
Anoka Primrose Abeyratne also known as Anoka Abeyrathne is a Sri Lankan eco-social entrepreneur and environmentalist on environmental, sustainable development and entrepreneurial issues in Sri Lanka and in the Asian region.
Early life and education
Activism and Work
Abeyrathne started volunteering at the age of 13 when the Tsunami struck and has replanted over 12,000 Mangroves in South Asia by providing over 5000 families the opportunity to gain an income source through handicraft making, organic farming and soft skills training.
Recognized by the South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) and by Youth Service America as one of the 25 Most Influential and Powerful Young Persons of the World 2012, Abeyrathne was part of Sri Lanka's first digital environmental music video.
- "http://archives.dailynews.lk/2001/pix/PrintPage.asp?REF=/2013/04/19/news40.asp". Retrieved 28 August 2013. Sri Lankan eco-social entrepreneur
- "Commonwealth Youth Award http://www.thecommonwealth.org/news/253812/130313cwyouthawards.htm". Retrieved 28 August 2013.
- "Sri Lanka : Young Sri Lankan development worker wins Commonwealth Youth Award". Retrieved 28 August 2013.
- South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation#SAARC Youth Award
- "South Asian Association For Regional Cooperation | Area of Cooperation". Saarc-sec.org. Retrieved 20 September 2013.
- "The YSA List: Honoring The 25 Most Powerful and Influential Young People | YSA – Engage and Educate". Ysa.org. Retrieved 20 September 2013.
- "Anoka Primrose Abeyrathne: Eco-Entrepreneurship, Music Videos and a World of Change!". The Huffington Post. Retrieved 20 September 2013.
- "Make It Green Again Official Music Video [HD". YouTube. 27 February 2012. Retrieved 20 September 2013.
- "Actions – ROAP". Unep.org. Retrieved 20 September 2013.
- "UNICEF India – Media centre – "Seal the Deal!" to Heal the Planet". Unicef.org. Retrieved 20 September 2013.
- Joe Jervis. "Live Q&A: Women and social enterprise, Friday 20 July, 12-2pm BST". The Guardian. Retrieved 20 September 2013.
- "TEDx Talk". YouTube. Retrieved 11 October 2013.
- UNFPA Generation Youth Investing in Youth http://www.unfpa.org/public/cache/offonce/home/news/pid/17692;jsessionid=31559DB9E93CF34811BE2585B5F43B60.jahia01