Anonymous sex is a form of one-night stand or casual sex between people who have very little or no history with each other, often engaging in sexual activity on the same day of their meeting and usually never seeing each other again afterwards. The term "cruising for sex" is used to refer to looking for anonymous sex, usually in specific places where such activity is commonplace. The internet is also a primary vehicle for people setting up anonymous sex. Anonymous sex is sometimes considered to be a form of prostitution when it involves an exchange of money or drugs for sex.
Some people engage in anonymous sex because of the thrill of the act.
Anonymous sex is one of the highest-risk sexual activities, both as the sexual history of both partners are unknown to the other, and also because those engaging in anonymous sex are more likely to have had a large number of partners.
- Anonymous Sex – The Body
- illinoisreview: Cruising in Ft. Lauderdale and Chicago
- Let's go outside – Washington Blade
- JAIDS Journal of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndromes – Abstract: Volume 28(1) September 1, 2001 p 89-93 Cruising on the Internet Highway
- SpringerLink – Journal Article
- News & Features | Are you positive?
|This sexuality-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|