Another Cinderella Story
|Another Cinderella Story|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Damon Santostefano|
|Produced by||Dylan Sellers
|Written by||Erik Patterson
Jessica Parker Kennedy
Marcus T. Paulk
|Music by||John Paesano|
|Editing by||Tony Lombardo|
|Studio||Dylan Sellers Productions
|Distributed by||Warner Premiere|
|Release dates||September 16, 2008|
|Running time||92 min|
Another Cinderella Story is a 2008 romantic comedy film, directed by Damon Santostefano and starring Selena Gomez, Drew Seeley and Jane Lynch. The film was released direct-to-DVD by Warner Premiere on September 16, 2008. It is a thematic sequel to the 2004 film A Cinderella Story, reprising the themes and situations but not containing any characters from the original film.
The film was shot in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada throughout January 2008, and was ranked as the number one cable movie in several key demographics when aired on the ABC Family on January 18, 2009. The soundtrack reached number eight on Billboard's soundtrack chart, with one single charting at position 58 on the Billboard Hot 100. The film won the 2010 Writers Guild of America Award for Children's script-long form or special.
The film occasionally airs on Disney Channel and ABC Family.
This movie is a retelling of the Cinderella fairy tale in a modern setting, with Mary Santiago (Selena Gomez), a high school student with ambitions of becoming a dancer, taking the role of Cinderella; Tami (Jessica Parker Kennedy) Mary's only friend as her fairy godmother; Dominique Blatt (Jane Lynch) taking the role of the stepmother; Britt (Emily Perkins) and Bree (Katharine Isabelle) as the two stepsisters; and Joey Parker, (Drew Seeley), now a famous celebrity that has returned to school for his senior year and to remember why he started dancing, as the prince. A school dance substitutes for the ball, with the role of the glass slipper filled by a Zune. 
- Selena Gomez as Mary Santiago. Mary is the Cinderella character of the film. Her mother was a dancer and died when she was young. Dominique took her in. Dominique and her twin daughters made her their maid and treated her horribly.
- Drew Seeley as Joey Parker. The Prince charming character. Joey is a famous pop star and is taking a break from being on tour, to finish high school. He falls in love with Mary after they dance at the ball.
- Jane Lynch as Dominique Blatt. The evil-stepmother in the story. Dominique is a washed up pop-star and took in Mary after her mother died and makes Mary be her maid.
- Emily Perkins as Britt Blatt. One of the evil step-sister characters. She is Dominque's daughter. She has braces and often fights with her sister. Britt is the weirder one out of the two.
- Katharine Isabelle as Bree Blatt. One of the evil step-sisters. She is Britt's twin sister. Bree is the dumber one out of the two.
- Jessica Parker Kennedy as Tami. An aspiring fashion designer and Mary's best friend. She is the fairy godmother character and helps her out throughout her life.
- Marcus T. Paulk as Dustin / The Funk. Joey's best friend and "manager". He starts a relationship with Tami and is a skilled dancer and rapper.
- Nicole LaPlaca as Natalia Faroush. Joey's ex-girlfriend who is still not over him and wants to get back together. Natalia is jealous of Mary and her dancing abilities. She is also a dancer. She is Bree and Britt's "best friend" even though she is terrible to them.
Amber Wilkinson of Eye for Film gave the film, four out of five stars and praised the musical aspects, saying that "the song and dance numbers are so well-handled and catchy, it's a shame there aren't more of them." However, she also said that the "characters are so wafer thin they barely cast a shadow." While Wilkinson says that the film is completely different from A Cinderella Story, Lacey Walker, reviewing for Christian Answers, notes several aspects of the two films that were directly parallel to each other. Walker also gave it three out of five stars, praising the script, saying the writers "peppered this story with a surprising dose of humor and some pleasing plot twists." However, Walker specifically criticized the "glaringly obvious" age difference between the 15 year old Gomez and the 25 year old Seeley.
- "Drew Seeley Stars in Another Cinderella Story". MovieWeb.
- "Winners Announced for 2010 Writers Guild Awards".
- "Damon Santostefano Brings Us Another Cinderella Story". MovieWeb.
- Eye for Film "Another Cinderella Story Movie Review (2008)". Eye for Film.
- "Another Cinderella Story Movie Review". christiananswers.net.
- "ABC Family: Selena Gomez and Drew Seely in Another Cinderella Story". ABC.com. Archived from the original on June 20, 2010.
- Another Cinderella Story
- Another Cinderella Story at the Internet Movie Database
- Another Cinderella Story at AllMovie
- Another Cinderella Story at Rotten Tomatoes
- Another Cinderella Story at the TCM Movie Database