Another Cinderella Story
|Another Cinderella Story|
|Directed by||Damon Santostefano|
|Produced by||Dylan Sellers
|Written by||Erik Patterson
Jessica Parker Kennedy
Marcus T. Paulk
|Music by||John Paesano
|Editing by||Tony Lombardo|
Dylan Sellers Productions
|Distributed by||Warner Premiere|
|Release date(s)||September 16, 2008|
|Running time||88 min.|
Another Cinderella Story is a 2008 romantic comedy directed by Damon Santostefano and starring Selena Gomez and Drew Seeley. The film was released direct-to-DVD by Warner Premiere on September 16, 2008. It was released on DVD in the UK on October 27, 2008. It is a thematic sequel to the 2004 film A Cinderella Story, reprising the same themes and situations but not containing any characters from the earlier movie.
The movie was shot in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada throughout January 2008, and was ranked as the number one cable movie in several key demographics when aired on the ABC Family on January 18, 2009. The soundtrack reached number eight on Billboard's soundtrack chart, with one single charting at position 58 on the Billboard Hot 100. It won the 2010 Writers Guild of America Award for Children's script-long form or special.
The film occasionally airs on Disney Channel.
This movie is a retelling of the Cinderella fairy tale in a modern setting, with Mary Santiago (Selena Gomez), a high school student with ambitions of becoming a dancer, taking the role of Cinderella; Tami (Jessica Parker Kennedy) Mary's only friend as her fairy godmother; Dominique Blatt (Jane Lynch) taking the role of the stepmother; Britt (Emily Perkins) and Bree (Katharine Isabelle) as the two stepsisters; and Joey Parker, (Drew Seeley), now a famous celebrity that has returned to school for his senior year and to remember why he started dancing, as the prince. A school dance substitutes for the ball, with the role of the glass slipper filled by a Zune. 
- Selena Gomez as Mary Santiago. Mary is the Cinderella character to the movie. Her mother was a dancer and died when she was young. Dominique took her in. Dominique made her their maid and treated her horribly.
- Drew Seeley as Joey Parker. The Prince charming character. Joey is a famous pop star and is taking a break from being on tour, to finish high school. He falls in love with Mary after they dance at the ball.
- Jane Lynch as Dominique Blatt. The evil-stepmother in the story. Dominique is a washed up pop-star and took in Mary after her mother died and makes Mary be her maid.
- Emily Perkins as Britt Blatt. One of the evil step-sister characters.She is Dominque's daughter.She has braces and often fights with her sister. She is the weirder one out of the two.
- Katharine Isabelle as Bree Blatt. One of the evil step-sisters. She is Britt's twin sister.
- Jessica Parker Kennedy as Tami. An aspiring fashion designer and Mary's best friend. She is the fairy godmother character.
- Marcus T. Paulk as Dustin/The Funk. Joey's best friend and "manager". He starts a relationship with Tami and is a skilled dancer and rapper.
- Nicole LaPlaca as Natalia Faroush. Joey's ex-girlfriend who is still not over him and wants to get back together. She is jealous of Mary and her dancing abilities. She is also a dancer. She is Bree and Britt's "best friend" even though she is terrible to them.
Amber Wilkinson of Eye For Film gave the film four out of five stars, and praised the musical aspects, saying that "the song and dance numbers are so well-handled and catchy, it's a shame there aren't more of them." However, she also said that the "characters are so wafer thin they barely cast a shadow." While Wilkinson says that the film is completely different from A Cinderella Story, Lacey Walker, reviewing for Christian Answers, notes several aspects of the two films that were directly parallel to each other. Walker also gave it three out of five stars, praising the script, saying the writers "peppered this story with a surprising dose of humor and some pleasing plot twists." However, Walker specifically criticized the "glaringly obvious" age difference between the 15 year old Gomez and the 25 year old Seeley.
ABC Family presented the television premiere of the film on January 18, 2009. The premiere was watched by 5.3 million viewers. The movie ranked as January 2009's No. 1 cable movie across all key demos: Adults 18-34 (1.0 million, tie), Adults 18-49 (1.9 million) and Viewers 12-34 (2.3 million). In Females 12-34, ABC Family aired January 2009's Top 7 movies on all TV, led by the debut of Another Cinderella Story (1.8 million, 1/18/09, 8:00 p.m.) and namesake "A Cinderella Story" (978,000, 1/18/09, 6:00 p.m.). It aired on Disney Channel on July 11. Source: Nielsen Media Research (National Ratings, January 2009: 12/29/08-1/25/09, Most Current: Live + SD, blended with Live + 7, when available).
|1.||"Tell Me Something I Don't Know"||Selena Gomez||3:20|
|2.||"New Classic (Single Version)"||Drew Seeley, Selena Gomez||3:08|
|3.||"Hurry Up and Save Me"||Tiffany Giardina||3:50|
|4.||"Just That Girl"||Drew Seeley||3:17|
|5.||"Bang a Drum"||Selena Gomez||3:12|
|6.||"1st Class Girl"||Drew Seeley, Marcus Paulk||3:00|
|7.||"On Hold 4 You"||Jane Lynch||2:29|
|8.||"Valentine's Dance Tango"||The Twins||2:12|
|9.||"No Average Angel"||Tiffany Giardina||2:57|
|10.||"Don't Be Shy"||Small Change, Lil' JJ, Chani||4:03|
|11.||"X-Plain It to My Heart"||Drew Seeley||1:15|
|12.||"New Classic (Live)"||Drew Seeley, Selena Gomez||5:29|
|13.||"Another Cinderella Story (Score Suite)"||John Paesano||2:39|
|14.||"New Classic (Acoustic Version)"||Drew Seeley, Selena Gomez||3:23|
Tell Me Something I Don't Know
|"Tell Me Something I Don't Know"|
"Tell Me Something I Don't Know" cover
|Promotional single by Selena Gomez from the album Another Cinderella Story and Kiss & Tell|
|Released||August 5, 2008|
|Length||3:21 (Album Version)
3:20 (Radio Edit)
|Label||Razor & Tie|
|Writer||Antonina Armato, Ralph Churchwell, Michael Nielsen|
"Tell Me Something I Don't Know" by Selena Gomez was released as a single on August 5, 2008 on iTunes and a Radio Disney version (which removes the Hurricane Katrina reference) was released on September 9, 2008, on iTunes. The song was also featured on the Kidz Bop 15 CD. A new version of the song is featured on Selena Gomez & the Scene's debut album, Kiss & Tell.
The music video starts with scenes reminiscent of (but not from) the film; Gomez cleaning a house and the maid yelling at her. Gomez then leaves the house and does a dance routine with her backup dancers, while the maid watches from the house window. The video also features Gomez in front of a black background with lyrics from the song (such as "I'm ready for it" and "One in a million") flying around her.
|Australian Hitseekers Singles||13|
|US Billboard Hot 100||58|
|United States||August 5, 2008||Digital download||Razor & Tie|
|Taiwan||November 3, 2008||Sony Music Entertainment|
|Malaysia||November 8, 2008||Geffen, Universal Music, Sony Music Entertainment|
|December 24, 2008|
|Indonesia||January 6, 2009||Sony Music Entertainment|
- "Andrew Seeley Stars in Another Cinderella Story". DVDActive.
- "Another Cinderella Story". DVDActive.
- "Drew Seeley Stars in Another Cinderella Story". MovieWeb.
- "Winners Announced for 2010 Writers Guild Awards".
- "Damon Santostefano Brings Us Another Cinderella Story". MovieWeb.
- Eye for Film "Another Cinderella Story Movie Review (2008)". Eye For Film.
- "Another Cinderella Story Movie Review". christiananswers.net.
- "ABC Family: Selena Gomez and Drew Seely in Another Cinderella Story". ABC.com. Archived from the original on June 20, 2010.
- "Battlestar Galactica Flies High, Tween Shows Fly Higher". E! Online.
- Billboard "Another Cinderella Story — Billboard". Billboard.com.
- Tell Me Something I Don't Know - single
- "Tell Me Something I Don't Know Video — Selena Gomez — AOL Music". AOL.com.
- "41205 Tell Me Something I Don't Know ARIA Peak Position". pandora.nla.gov.au.
- "Selena Gomez - Chart History". acharts.us. Retrieved 2011-02-10.
- Another Cinderella Story
- Another Cinderella Story at the Internet Movie Database
- Another Cinderella Story at AllRovi
- Another Cinderella Story at Rotten Tomatoes
- Another Cinderella Story at the TCM Movie Database