|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2012)|
Theatrical Release Poster
|Directed by||Maurice Phillips|
|Produced by||Ziggy Steinberg
|Written by||Ziggy Steinberg|
|Music by||Charles Gross|
|Cinematography||Victor J. Kemper|
|Distributed by||TriStar Pictures|
|Release date(s)||July 26, 1991|
|Running time||94 minutes|
The story is a variation of the mistaken identity and impersonation theme made popular by The Prisoner of Zenda and other works. A former mental patient is released from hospital but is mistaken for his doppelgänger, who happens to be a millionaire. A con man tries to keep the mental patient out of trouble, while taking advantage of the situation for his own gain.
- Richard Pryor as Eddie Dash
- Gene Wilder as George / Abe Fielding
- Mercedes Ruehl as Elaine / Mimi Kravitz
- Stephen Lang as Rupert Dibbs
- Vanessa Williams as Gloria
The film was released four years after Pryor revealed that he had been diagnosed with multiple sclerosis, and his physical deterioration is evident in this film. Peter Bogdanovich was the original director, but he was replaced after five weeks of shooting.
Wilder has not acted in any theatrically released films since, although he has starred in two murder mysteries and appeared as the Mock Turtle in an adaptation of Alice in Wonderland, all television films.
- "Back in the Ring : Multiple sclerosis seemingly had Richard Pryor down for the count, but a return to his roots has revitalized the giant of stand-up - Los Angeles Times". Articles.latimes.com. 1992-10-25. Retrieved 2012-07-09.
- Holden, Stephen (1991-07-27). "Movie Review - Another You - Review/Film; A Reformed Liar and a Con Man - NYTimes.com". Movies.nytimes.com. Retrieved 2012-07-09.
- "MOVIE REVIEW : 'Another You': Happy, Dopey, Snappy, Empty - Los Angeles Times". Articles.latimes.com. 1991-07-29. Retrieved 2012-07-09.
- "Weekend Box Office : 'Mobsters' Is the Only Solid Opener - Los Angeles Times". Articles.latimes.com. 1991-07-30. Retrieved 2012-07-09.
- Another You at the Internet Movie Database
- Another You at Box Office Mojo
- Another You at Rotten Tomatoes
|This film article about a 1990s comedy is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|