Ansdell and Fairhaven railway station
|Ansdell and Fairhaven|
|Place||Lytham St Annes|
|Managed by||Northern Rail|
|Number of platforms||1|
|Live arrivals/departures and station information
from National Rail Enquiries
|Annual rail passenger usage*|
|10 October 1903||Station moved 100m due north|
|25 January 1906||Station renamed Ansdell and Fairhaven|
|National Rail – UK railway stations|
|A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z|
|* Annual estimated passenger usage based on sales of tickets in stated financial year(s) which end or originate at Ansdell and Fairhaven from Office of Rail Regulation statistics. Methodology may vary year on year.|
|UK Railways portal|
Ansdell and Fairhaven railway station is on the Blackpool South to Preston railway line in Lancashire, England. In the past, it has also been known as Ansdell Station, Ansdell’s Gate station, and Ansdell’s Halt.
Opened by the Blackpool and Lytham Railway, then absorbed by the Preston and Wyre Joint Railway, the station joined the London, Midland and Scottish Railway during the Grouping of 1923. The station then passed to the London Midland Region of British Railways on nationalisation in 1948.
The station was set out as an island platform with tracks on both faces until the singling of the line in the 1980s. Trains now only use the southern face. A disabled access ramp now covers the northern part of the station.
Sunday services operate hourly between Blackpool South and Preston from March until early November.
- Bairstow, Martin (2001). Railways of Blackpool and the Fylde. Martin Bairstow Publications. ISBN 1-871944-23-6.
- Butt, R. V. J. (1995). The Directory of Railway Stations: details every public and private passenger station, halt, platform and stopping place, past and present (1st ed.). Sparkford: Patrick Stephens Ltd. ISBN 1-8526-0508-1. OCLC 60251199.
- Jowett, Alan (2000). Jowett's Nationalised Railway Atlas (1st ed.). Penryn, Cornwall: Atlantic Transport Publishers. ISBN 0-9068-9999-0. OCLC 228266687.
- Station on navigable O.S. map Centre of the three stations on the map.
- Train times and station information for Ansdell and Fairhaven railway station from National Rail
- Blackpool & Fylde Rail Users’ Association—Ansdell / Fairhaven, accessed 17 October 2007
|Preceding station||National Rail||Following station|
Blackpool Branch Line
|Blackpool and Lytham Railway||Lytham|
|This article on a railway station in North West England is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|