From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Ansel may refer to:
- ANSEL, American National Standard for Extended Latin Alphabet Coded Character Set for Bibliographic Use, is a character set used in text encoding
- Ansel Adams Award (disambiguation), various awards
Ansel is derived from the same root as Anselm. Mediaeval Germanic name of uncertain meaning, perhaps 'follower of a nobleman' or 'god's helmet'. Also spelt Ancel.
- Ansel Adams (1902–1984), American photographer, best known for his black and white photographs of California's Yosemite Valley
- Ansel Briggs (1806–1881), first governor of Iowa (1846-1850)
- Ansel Elgort (1994- ), American actor and musician
- Ansel Franklin Hall (1894–1962), American naturalist
- Ansel Sterling (1782-1853), United States Representative from Connecticut
- Ansel Talbert (?-1987), American aviation journalist
- Ansel Williamson, African American thoroughbred horse racing trainer (19th century)
- Ansel Watrous, U.S. newspaper editor and historian
- Edgar Ansel Mowrer, American journalist, awarded the Pulitzer Prize in 1933 for his reporting on the rise of Adolf Hitler
- Karen Ansel, noted film and TV computer graphics specialist in the United States
- Martin Frederick Ansel (1850–1945), Democratic Governor of South Carolina (1907-1911)
- Ansel, California, in Kern County
- Ansel Adams Wilderness, wilderness area in the Sierra Nevada of California, US
- Ansel Township, Cass County, Minnesota, township in Cass County, Minnesota, United States
- Mount Ansel Adams, 11,760-foot peak in the Sierra Nevada
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Ansel.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.