Antarctic Zhongshan Station
It is managed by the Polar Research Institute of China (PRIC). It is located at , on Larsemann Hills in Prydz Bay in the Australian Antarctic Territory, a few kilometers from the Russian Progress II Station and the Romanian Law-Racoviţă Station, in the Australian Antarctic Territory .
The station is supplied by annual visits of the Chinese Antarctic support vessel Xuě Lóng.
The station can accommodate 60 summering personnel and 25 wintering personnel. It is a base for research on marine, glaciological, geological, and atmospheric sciences and for expeditions inland, such as to the Kunlun Station at Dome A.
According to The Age in January 2010 the station was visited by a delegation that included Xu Shaoshi, China's Minister for Land and Resources and the director of the Chinese Arctic and Antarctic Administration, Qu Tanzhou.
- Antarctic Great Wall Station
- Antarctic Kunlun Station
- Antarctic Taishan Station
- Arctic Yellow River Station
- Polar Research Institute of China
- Xuě Lóng
It is about 15 km from the Indian Research station Bharti.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Zhongshan Station.|
- Official website Polar Research Institute of China
- Official website Chinese Arctic and Antarctic Administration
- COMNAP Antarctic Facilities
- COMNAP Antarctic Facilities Map