From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up Antarctica in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Antarctica is a continent.
Antarctica may also refer to:
- Antarctic, the wider South Polar Region
- Antarctic Plate, the tectonic plate which covers the continent
- Antártica, the Chilean commune including Chilean Antarctic territory
- France Antarctique, a short-lived 16th-century colony in Brazil, before the term got its present geographical connotations
- Belgica antarctica, the antarctic midge, the only purely terrestrial insect on Antarctica
- Candida antarctica, a species of yeast
- Deschampsia antarctica, a flowering plant on Antarctica
- Dicksonia antarctica, an evergreen tree native to Australia
- Durvillaea antarctica, a species of kelp in New Zealand and Chile
- Cunninghamella echinulata var. antarctica, a fungi subspecies
Arts and culture
- Nankyoku Monogatari, a 1983 Japanese film also released as Antarctica
- Antarctica (Vangelis album), a 1983 soundtrack of the film
- Antarctica (band), a 1990s New York band
- Antarctica (novel), a 1997 science fiction novel by Kim Stanley Robinson
- Antarctica, a 1999 short story collection by Claire Keegan
- Antarctica (The Secret Handshake album), a 2004 music album
- Antarctica: Empire of the Penguin, a theme area opened in 2013 at SeaWorld Orlando
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Antarctica.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.