Antena 1 (Romania)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2011)|
|Launched||29 November 1993|
|Owned by||Intact Media Group|
|Picture format||4:3 (576i, SDTV)|
|Audience share||10.8% (Dec 2008, )|
|Slogan||Mereu Aproape (Always Nearby)|
|Sister channel(s)||Antena 2, Antena 3, Antena 4 - Euforia lifestyle TV, Antena i|
|UPC Romania||Channel 04 (digital with DVR)
Channel 05 (digital)
Antena 1 (Romanian pronunciation: [anˈtena ˈunu]) is a Romanian television network, and one of the top three networks in the country with a market share of about 10%. It covers most of the country and it is owned by Dan Voiculescu, who is the founder president of the Conservative Party.
Antena 1 is currently the second most popular TV channel, after ProTV. Its main show is [the Observer] or Observator (main news broadcast at 19:00), and various others soap opera shows, football matches and entertainment programs.
Antena 1 promotes itself under the slogan Together we are Antena 1, after dropping the long-running Always Close slogan which helped relaunch it in 1998. In May 2005, Antena 1 has acquired a specialty brother, the channel Antena 3, a 24/7 news channel fashioned in the spirit of CNN. In February 2006, Antena 4 - Euforia lifestyle TV was launched, a channel targeting women viewers. In July 2006, Antena Internaţional, a 24-hour TV channel for Romanians over the borders was launched; it is now broadcasting only in USA and Canada, but will soon extend its coverage area. In April 2007, Antena 2 has been launched.
The channel is owned by the Intact Media Group group.
The building that houses Antena 1 and Antena 3's headquarters was seized by the state on Friday, the 8th of August 2014, as a result of the judgement sentencing (among others) Dan Voiculescu, the founder of Intact Media Group. The building may be sold in order for the state to recuperate the prejudice brought to it as a result of the fraudulent privatization of the Institute for Alimentary Research in 2003.
The station’s top-rated local productions include entertainment shows, news programs and TV series.
- Un show păcătos, scorer Dan Capatos
- Acces Direct, scorer Simona Gherghe (formerly Madalin Ionescu)
- În gura presei, scorer Mircea Badea
- Neatza cu Răzvan și Dani, scorer Răzvan Simion and Dani Oțil
- Te pui cu blondele?, scorer Dan Negru
- Plasa de stele, scorer Dan Negru
- Câștigi în 60 de secunde, scorer Dan Negru
- Să te prezint părinților
- Superbingo Metropolis, scorer Cornel Palade, Romică Țociu, Raluca Lăzăruț, Escu
- Observator, scorer Oana Frigescu Badiu, Andreea Berecleanu, Mihaela Calin, Alex Ferariu, Anca Rusu, Daniel Osmanovici
- Sport 20/de seară
- Marele câștigător, is a Romanian reality game show and the romanian version of The Biggest Loser. The show features obese people competing to win a cash prize by losing the highest percentage of weight relative to their initial weight.
- Comanda la mine! (English: I command!)
- Burlacul, is a Romanian reality television show and the romanian version of Bachelor. The host is Cătălin Botezatu
- Burlăcița, is a Romanian reality television show and the romanian version of Bachelorette. The host is Cătălin Botezatu
- X Factor, is a Romanian television music talent show contested by aspiring pop singers drawn from public auditions, based on the UK series. The hosts are Răzvan Simion and Dani Oțil
- Mireasă pentru fiul meu, is a matrimonial reality show. The competition is hosted by Mirela Boureanu Vaida. The show is similar with Noră pentru mama who was diffused on the Kanal D Romania and whose continuation is Mireasă pentru fiul meu.
- Te cunosc de undeva!, is a Romanian television transforming competition. The show is hosted by TV presenters Cosmin Seleși and Alina Pușcaș.
- FamiliaDA, (Family Olympics) is the Romanian version of Family Feud. It is hosted by actor Cosmin Seleși.
- Poftiti Pe la noi
- Splash! Vedete la apa
- Hell's Kitchen Iadul Bucatarilor
- Danseaza Printre Stele